Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should WWE Keep the Brand Extension?

After a couple of lackluster years (storyline wise) for WWE (i.m.o) I have heard rumblings from certain fans on these type of forums talk of them putting an end to the brand extension. By this I mean, merging the three brands together to form one roster on (preferably) two shows, Raw and SmackDown or maybe even the three shows just now.

I feel by reverting back to the one roster there would have to be sever talent cuts with most of the mid-card and (virtually all of) ECW cleared. I think it would provide a great breath of fresh air for the company. I dont feel as if TNA are going to be competing with WWE for a good few years but I do feel something has to be done just now to combat the falling ratings of both Raw and SmackDown.

Just want to hear people's opinions on this topic, but I do understand the reasoning for the brand extension by the WWE. I just personally feel the ones solid roster would be a major step forward and create many good feuds.
    Raw Is Jericho again

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main Eventer

Well, the mix up thing they are currently doing is nice. That makes me watch each show to make sure I don't miss anyone I like or anything important.

Jobber

i think ecw will go. thats all.

Main Eventer

ECW shouldn't go, it is very important to WWE.

ya i guess in a way its important just cuz it kinda helps bring up some of the newer people

but they really should cut ecw and combine the roster like it used to be b4 they did the "draft" i liked it back when people would work both shows

I dont think so. Theres already too much unused talent and combining the brands would only increase this. I think they're doing fine as it is, why fix whats not broken?

Main Eventer

Right now, SD! has the most un-used talent and you want them to cut ECW and add some of that roster to SD! and cause it to have even more un-used talent? Things are broken on SD! but it's still running OK so I don't think things should change...

I think as of right now they need to. They have too much midcard depth to do away with the brand extension. If it were to end they would have fifteen people going for the title and there would never be other wrestlers on the card.

They don't need to end it, but they do need to improve. One way, I've said before: Work on the Cruiserweights. Build them up, give them time for their matches, and the WWE Cruiserweights could beat out the X-division, between people like Gregory Helms, Shannon Moore, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Jimmy Yang, and Jamie Noble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

I say what they have going on right now is pretty good. I like what they been doing. ECW and Smackdown are pretty much the same show anyway.

RIP JC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast