Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    On the bench!

Didn't Austin disrespect a legend like Hogan then in old days of ECW?

Like after all "should've stuck to his own gimmick"?

I think Sharkboy is related to BG James. He sounds alot like him. maybe it's just me. i personally like what;s going on.

the first time he spoke a few weeks ago. his movement might seem slow....but it's funny. :haha: He's thr below average american hero.

You guys are missing the point entirely... TNA and Sharkboy have blatantly ripped off Steve Austin's gimmick because they lack the creative ability to find a way to push Sharkboy. They think they can rip him off, the WWE off, and the fans who support them. If you aren't good enough to come up with a gimmick twist, a good heel/face turn, then you shouldn't be in the business. All I've seen with TNA as of late is the same old boring feuds being developed, the same old stuff that's already played out many times before. Come up with new crap or get out of the game, I'm sick of the same crap, and ripping off of others gimmicks to get one of your guys over.

Mid-carder

wow, so i finally watch tna for the first time in 2 months and i see this total stone cold rip off... i mean wow TNA needs to come with sumthing original god this is really pathetic

Finally someone who agrees!

TNA isn't bad. The Dudleyz are doing good with Johnny Devine. Lovin Booker T and Rhodes feudI guess I'm the only one that doesn't have a problem with TNA with just about everything they're doing. I love humor. TNA has a lot of humor. Shark boy is humor embodied. I AJ being pissed off and embarrassed. about putting on costumes last year. Awesome Kong. sorry she does it very well. with he chicken and her eyes. I'm a TNA mark because they have Humor and in abundance. i think of TNA as the saterday night live version of wrestling with good wrestling and with a side order of respected, bully, and angry gimmicks. I watch TNA for the wrestling and the humor. The humor is what drives mw to watch TNA besides the dudleyz being bullies. i love that part. It's like reliving WCW vs the NWO over again. This time. The Faces have more numbers but they are smaller in size compared to the dudlezys.

I'm not saying TNA isn't doing the majority of things right,I'm saying that in order to be successful, you don't need to rip off gimmicks. In order to push your wrestlers, you need to be original and come up with new ideas to push them with. If I was a wrestling writer, I could never suggest copying another wrestlers gimmick down to the letter in order to push one of our own. It's disrespectful, and not to mention uncreative. How easy is it to copy gimmicks? You already have the template, so the the only way I see this happening is a lack of effort on TNA's part. I just hope they don't do this anymore, and that this Sharkboy crap doesn't play out very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Evil
    You guys are missing the point entirely... TNA and Sharkboy have blatantly ripped off Steve Austin's gimmick because they lack the creative ability to find a way to push Sharkboy. They think they can rip him off, the WWE off, and the fans who support them. If you aren't good enough to come up with a gimmick twist, a good heel/face turn, then you shouldn't be in the business. All I've seen with TNA as of late is the same old boring feuds being developed, the same old stuff that's already played out many times before. Come up with new crap or get out of the game, I'm sick of the same crap, and ripping off of others gimmicks to get one of your guys over.
    Well bud, the road goes both ways here. As much as you hate the Shark Boy situation, you could say WWF/WWE had zero creative ability when they did their Gillberg gimmick back in the 90s (like I stated before). Lets just take your same statement from above and instead insert your manlove for the WWE in it:

You guys are missing the point entirely... WWF and Duane Gill have blatantly ripped off Goldberg's gimmick because they lack the creative ability to find a way to push Duane Gill. They think they can rip him off, the WCW off, and the fans who support them. If you aren't good enough to come up with a gimmick twist, a good heel/face turn, then you shouldn't be in the business. All I've seen with WWF as of late is the same old boring feuds being developed, the same old stuff that's already played out many times before. Come up with new crap or get out of the game, I'm sick of the same crap, and ripping off of others gimmicks to get one of your guys over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Evil
    All I've seen with TNA as of late is the same old boring feuds being developed, the same old stuff that's already played out many times before.
    And isn't this what pro wrestling is all about? Putting a face and heel together for a lengthened series of matches with one taking the upper hand in the next event? Or I am totally out of the loop on how wrestling is run these days? I'm very sad the good ol days of professional wrestling are over with, the days where guys actually came out to wrestle, not talk on a microphone for 3 hours, set up some stupid skit, and then not wrestle.

----------------------------------------------------

Ring Crew

I think that the gimmick is quite funny

Ring Crew

tna thinks people care about their top jobber. to me its a waste of air time for a up and comer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast