Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Arrow Shark Boy 24/7!?!?!?

What the hell is up with this gimmick Shark Boy is doing now!? Anyone who knows anything about wrestling knows that his new gimmick is a COMPLETE and UTTER RIP-OFF from Stone Cold Steve Austin! He even mimics Austin's voice and the way he talks! From the trash-talk down to the black vest, it is undeniable that TNA and Shark Boy are ripping off a classic icon of the WWE. They put him in a storyline where he's hurt and at 'low-tide', then bring him back all-of-a-sudden as this ripoff. Frankly, I'm pissed off at this. TNA has brass balls to pull such a stunt, and I can only hope that WWE does something to shut this horrid attempt to get ratings down. Just who in the hell do they think they are!?

lol, SUE TNA

while tna had some good ideas in the past, but to me this is by far the worst thing i have ever seen..next thing you know someone might be trying to appear as the rock.... i wonder who's responsible for this gimmick
    Last edited by 5be92; 01-29-2008 at 10:26 AM.

Well there has always been a little more freedom for the wrestlers in how their gimmicks turn out, so Sharkboy may have had a part in it's creation, but I wouldn't put it past management to rip off ideas to get ratings/

On the bench!

Listen, WWE has taken shots at TNA before and RECENTLY and I know maybe TNA has taken shots at WWE before but maybe this is a way of taking a shot at WWE. I actually love this "Stone Cold" Shark Boy gimmick...he should start doing WHAT? next lol. The good thing about this new gimmick is that he actually does talk like Austin and people that say "hey that's Austin dressed up" you're just plain stupid. Yeah Austin is a good icon and its not actually putting him down...jeez I hate all you WWE marks cause when WWE takes a shot at TNA, doesn't that put TNA down? It's just TNA getting back at WWE. He also keeps up his Shark Boy gimmick by drinking fish water instead of beer plus that segment with his fake "family" matched his gimmick even with Eric Young coming into it.

Dr. Fishman: Shark Boy, do you have something that you want to say?

Sharky: Why hell yeah, stick that thermometer up my ass again and there's gonna be hell to pay cause that's the bottom LINNNNEEEEEEE cause Shark Boy says so :lmao:

And also another thing, he isn't COMPLETELY copying Austin (fishwater, instead of sticking up fingers he does his original Shark Boy taunt, isnt dressing up like Austin etc.)

Plus I love the way TNA is giving him a push now rather than a jobber that gets beat up every week. He's even named on the top stars of TNA in their videos on youtube now. TNA has come up with something brilliant and whoever came up with it I thank them cause it is really good and funny.

No offense Bad Boy you're stupid, even if it is a joke or not, you can't sue TNA for that...it's only a parody.
    Last edited by Pepsi Plunge; 01-29-2008 at 06:54 PM.

On the bench!

RVD101... i am whole heartily in agreeance with you! I love the "new" Sharkboy! While i've never been a huge Austin fan i love this! Instead of the "what?" thing he should do someone else...ala the rock, bret hart, hogan, razor ramon, i think it would be funny if his personality changes over time. Like he is schitzo, or multiple personality.

And that's the fishing liiiiiinnnne..cuz SharkBoy said so!

LMAO
    Mel

thx for ur dumb comment about me Luke... but anyways, i agree that although he is no Austin... it's entertaining... well, thats what Shark Boy is in TNA for... he cant wrestle, so he's trying to be an entertainer...

On the bench!

Sorry bout the comment Bad Boy...just typed it wrongly :sad:

So your going and calling me a WWE mark when you CLEARLY are marking out for TNA!? If you think it's right for TNA to completely rip off a WWE icon, then you aren't really a fan at all. Maybe it's just me, having wrestled myself, but you don't go and rip off other wrestlers gimmicks. If anything, it's a respect thing, and in that case I'd say TNA has no respect for what WWE has done for the wrestling industry. Sharkboy can try and entertain the fans some other way, not using someone else's gimmick because he isn't capable of coming up with his own.... wait, he did! He's Sharkboy, after all! Stick with your own stuff, cuz all he is doing now is disrespecting the WWE and Steve Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rvd101 View Post
    Listen, WWE has taken shots at TNA before and RECENTLY and I know maybe TNA has taken shots at WWE before but maybe this is a way of taking a shot at WWE. I actually love this "Stone Cold" Shark Boy gimmick...he should start doing WHAT? next lol. The good thing about this new gimmick is that he actually does talk like Austin and people that say "hey that's Austin dressed up" you're just plain stupid. Yeah Austin is a good icon and its not actually putting him down...jeez I hate all you WWE marks cause when WWE takes a shot at TNA, doesn't that put TNA down? It's just TNA getting back at WWE. He also keeps up his Shark Boy gimmick by drinking fish water instead of beer plus that segment with his fake "family" matched his gimmick even with Eric Young coming into it.

Dr. Fishman: Shark Boy, do you have something that you want to say?

Sharky: Why hell yeah, stick that thermometer up my ass again and there's gonna be hell to pay cause that's the bottom LINNNNEEEEEEE cause Shark Boy says so :lmao:

And also another thing, he isn't COMPLETELY copying Austin (fishwater, instead of sticking up fingers he does his original Shark Boy taunt, isnt dressing up like Austin etc.)

Plus I love the way TNA is giving him a push now rather than a jobber that gets beat up every week. He's even named on the top stars of TNA in their videos on youtube now. TNA has come up with something brilliant and whoever came up with it I thank them cause it is really good and funny.

No offense Bad Boy you're stupid, even if it is a joke or not, you can't sue TNA for that...it's only a parody.

no they shouldnt have him saying "What?" they should have him say something like "Huuh?" or something to that extent i think that would be even funnier i think

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast