London, England (UK) – This summer, the biggest star in combat sports will travel to London, England for the first time ever as Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell gives UK fight fans what they’ve been waiting for when he headlines UFC 85 at the O2 Arena on Saturday, June 7.

This historic bout, which will pit Liddell against an opponent to be announced shortly, is the main event for UFC 85 and was made official today by the Ultimate Fighting Championship® organization.

“Chuck showed in his last fight against Wanderlei Silva that he’s regained the fire he needs to win back the UFC 205 pound title,” said UFC President Dana White. “UK fight fans are going to be in for a spectacular night because “The Iceman” is definitely back.”

Tickets for UFC 85 will go on public sale March 7 at 10am GMT and will be priced at £45, £75, £125, £175, £200 and £295. Tickets will be available through ticketmaster.co.uk and the 02 Arena Box Office.

UFC® Fight Club™ members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets to this event March 2 at 10am, GMT, via ufc.com. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC Newsletter subscribers March 5 starting at 10am GMT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC Newsletter through ufc.com.

“It is a real thrill to have the biggest name in mixed martial arts fighting in the UK,” said UFC UK Division President Marshall Zelaznik. “Chuck Liddell represents everything that is so exciting about the UFC and I know the British fans have been dying for the chance to see Chuck fight live. Now they’ve got their wish, and this is going to be England’s hottest ticket of the summer.”

One of the biggest stars in American sports, Liddell, 21-5, is coming off a thrilling three round win over Wanderlei Silva in a fight which easily lived up to over four years of expectations. Now the 38-year-old power-puncher and guest star of hit shows such as HBO’s Entourage continues on his quest to regain his UFC Light Heavyweight Championship from Quinton “Rampage” Jackson.

“I'm real excited about fighting in London,” Liddell said. “And no matter who I’m up against, I always have expectations of winning and looking for the knockout when I fight, but I also have the fans' expectations to give them an exciting fight. And this is going to be a very exciting fight for the British fans.”

The remaining bouts for UFC 85 will be announced in the near future. All bouts live and subject to change. For further information on the UFC visit ufc.com or uk.ufc.com or ufcespanol.com.

mmainsiders.com