Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default The Ultimate Fighter Returns, Former Wrestling Champion Makes MMA Debut

- The new season of UFC's Ultimate Fighter starts on 4/2 with a 32-man tournament. The season concludes on 6/18.

- Carlton Haselrig, 42, will make his MMA debut 4/19 for Battle Cage Xtreme facing Shane Ott (former IFL fighter). Haselrig is the only six-time NCAA Champion in history. Haselrig defeated Kurt Angle in the NCAA Division I tournament in 1989.

- Randy Couture, Don Frye and Bob Sapp stars in the prison comedy movie "Big Stand," which will be released next month.

- It is believed lightweight Takanori Gomi is being paid around $190,000 per fight by the World Victory Road's Sengoku promotion.
    Gerweck

Jobber

I'm looking forward to the new Ultimate Fighter. The last few seasons have been a bit lackluster, but the tournament could possibly help make it a good season. I'm hoping for some fights like the Griffin Bonnar fight from the season one finale.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    I'm looking forward to the new Ultimate Fighter. The last few seasons have been a bit lackluster, but the tournament could possibly help make it a good season. I'm hoping for some fights like the Griffin Bonnar fight from the season one finale.
    That in my mind is still one of the best fights in UFC history! Even though I still think Bonnar won that fight, you could tell both guys gave 100%.

On the bench!

Well you can argue that, but you can go back to many fights, seeing as Griffin is already in the equation, for example Griffin vs Ortiz, the fact is that the judges panel are poor.

Jobber

I think Griffin got screwed in the Ortiz fight. It is debatable who won the Bonnar/Griffin fight, but there is no debate that Griffin has had the best career so far. He stepped up to the plate and took down Shogun.

On the bench!

Griffin has had a clean run apart from a staph infection that kept him out of a fight last year, but you can not compare it to the bad luck that Bonnar has had.