Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

On the bench!

Default Shamrock dismisses Silva

Quote Originally Posted by GlobeSports
    Shamrock dismisses Silva

Veteran Frank Shamrock and EliteXC promoter Gary Shaw dismissed talk Tuesday that rival UFC champion Anderson Silva is pound-for-pound the best mixed martial arts fighter in the world.

"Well I think I've been named that guy several times over the past 14 years, so I think that it's fleeting, it's exciting but I certainly don't think he's the best in the world," Shamrock said in a conference call Tuesday to promote his March 29 Strikeforce-Elite XC middleweight title fight with Cung Le in San Jose.

"I think he's probably one of the best guys in the UFC, but all the best fighters are not in the UFC. So hopefully he can hang onto that and make something out of it and gain some fame. But I have 100 per cent confidence if I ran into him, they'd be calling me that guy."

Shamrock, 35, was the UFC's first light-heavyweight champion, defeating Kevin Jackson in 16 seconds to win the championship belt in December 1997. He went on to defend the crown four times before retiring in November 1999.

Shamrock (24-8-1) returned to action 15 months later and has gone 4-1 since ending his retirement. The only loss was a 2007 disqualification against Renzo Gracie for an illegal knee.
    ...and here is a poll taken for opinions on who would prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAPlayground
    Who would win?

Anderson Silva 40 91%
    Frank Shamrock 4 9%

I have loved Shamrock since the Ortiz fight, but I really don't know if he, or anyone, can hang with Silva at this point. I doubt he will ever head back to the UFC and Silva isnt leaving so its probably one of things that will never be settled.

On the bench!

He wont ever head back to the UFC and he is making it pretty clear that he doesn't want to by insulting UFC's fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Shamrock
    I think he's probably one of the best guys in the UFC, but all the best fighters are not in the UFC.

Jobber

Granted I don't know all that much about Frank as I do Ken, but from everything I've heard or read about him, he seems like a dick.
    I saw the fight where he had the illegal knee with Gracie and if I'm not mistaken, I believe he hit him in the back of the head with it. Afterwards, he made a spectacle out of himself. I remember thinking, this guy is a dick, as I've read online.