Carl Ouellet has a dream. And in that dream, where he has another successful WWE run, maybe he can change the nasty stereotype that French wrestlers must be heels.

He's already paid a large price to pursue his dream, leaving behind $100,000 a year when he quit both his jobs -- at Montreal's Solid Gold strip club and as a commentator on the French voiceovers for TNA Impact on RDS -- to go to England to wrestle. His eyes are on WWE, where he was a top performer 15 years ago as half of the Quebecers tag team, then as Jean-Pierre Lafitte. His run ended on bad terms when he refused to "job" to Diesel (Kevin Nash).

"It all comes back to Kevin Nash, Montreal 1995," says Ouellet over the phone from Birkenhead, England. "It was a huge career mistake. At the TV tapings before Montreal, Diesel came up to me and said, 'Hey brother, it's you and me in Montreal. It's going to be a big boot and a jackknife ... 1, 2, 3.'

"I told them if I'm going to lose tonight, I'm going to quit. It ended up being a double countout, I think. I got a big fine and it was OK for two weeks, but after that I started jobbing every night.

"In my mind, I would win the belt in Montreal, hold it in Quebec City and maybe drop it in Toronto. That was my dream. I always wanted to be the WWE champ."

Ouellet says while French-Canadian teams are stereotyped as "bad guys," that doesn't have to be the case.

"It seems like if you're from Quebec, you have to have a strong accent and be a heel. It's always Quebecers vs. the rest of the world. I'm 100% positive a guy from Quebec could be a 'face.' That's what I'm trying to sell to (WWE)."

Ouellet will return to Canada, wrestling in Ontario June 20 at the Pembroke Memorial Centre and June 21 at the Robert Hartley Arena in Hawkesbury.

AROUND THE RING

William Regal was fired as RAW GM after losing a match to Mr. Kennedy. Regal (Darren Matthews) was about to be suspended for 60 days for his second violation of the company's Wellness policy.

winnipegsun.com