RING OF HONOR NOTES & NEWS ON RIC FLAIR, KENTA KOBASHI, BRYAN DANIELSON'S WWE DARK MATCH AND MORE

Ring of Honor issued the following statement on their website today: ""Bryan Danielson worked a dark match for WWE last Monday with the permission of Ring Of Honor."

The company also acknowledged that they had attempted to bring in Ric Flair for an autograph signing at their 8/2 event in New York City. I believe WWE has decreed that Flair isn't able to appear at actual wrestling events, but he's still allowed to do convention signings. ROH noted that if Flair had been brought in, "attempts would have been made to get Kenta Kobashi to the event so that Kobashi and Flair would have the opportunity to shake hands in front of the crowd. There are no talks of Kobashi returning to ROH." I believe that NOAH would have brought Kobashi over for the obviously awesome photo-op.

ROH announced that Lance Storm won't be wrestling during his upcoming appearances for the company. As I noted previously, ROH is hoping for Storm to add a veteran's presence for the locker room.

Jerry Lynn's appearance in Chicago is currently just a one time deal, but there's a possibility for more in the future.

PWInsider.com