Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Local WWE fan gets slammed with $2 prize

A promotion may have backfired and soured local fans’ interest in professional wrestling.

Sarah Fuhrmann, 25, of Keller and her husband Robert have been avid fans of World Wrestling Entertainment, tuning in several times a week to watch the company’s various televised events.

When WWE Chairman Vince McMahon announced that he would give away a million dollars every Monday on WWE Raw – televised weekly on the USA Network – the Fuhrmanns made sure to register daily.

Sarah would win a portion of the money, but instead of getting one of the $50,000 or $250,000 chunks being given out, she ended up with just $2.

Roller coaster call

Sarah, her husband, and daughter Katelynn were in front of the TV Monday, June 9 when McMahon gave away the first million.

They watched as the WWE head called fans on the phone and gave out the money in increments from $75,000 to $200,000.

Then their phone rang.

"I got that whole, heart-pounding feeling," Sarah Fuhrmann said. "I thought, 'Oh my gosh. Is this real? Is someone playing a prank on me?’"

It was real, but wasn’t short of a prank played by McMahon who isn’t afraid to let his abrasive wrestling persona show.

Before Sarah could think, the line was cut off and she sat there in disbelief, shocked that she was just on national television , and also won only $2.

Sarah, a scheduler at Spine Team Texas in Southlake, described it as a "roller coaster" – going from the jubilation of being a winner, to the disappointment of getting a sum that couldn’t even buy a gallon of gas.

McMahon then immediately made another call and awarded a man from Mississippi $200,000.

Robert, a professional wrestling fan since he was young, said they started to get calls and emails from people they knew, while internet message boards lit up with posts about the "$2 winner."

Quick trip to NYC

In an attempt to prove that professional wrestling isn’t without a heart, WWE invited the Fuhrmanns to New York City to take part in a press conference promoting the weekly giveaway.

WWE flew the family of three to New York for the two-day trip last Wednesday and at the press conference Sarah met wrestlers John Cena and Triple H, WWE Diva Maria, and McMahon.

"I kind of wanted to slap him," Sarah said. "Everyone there was really nice though."

She said Triple H was especially friendly and made friends with 2-year-old Katelynn, though the 2-year-old was a little frightened of Cena. Triple H also gave Sarah $3 more to increase her winnings to $5.

Sarah shared the stage with the WWE personalities and the June 9 big winner, Steven Rosenzweig of Mount Horeb, Wis. who won $250,000.

About 400 to 500 people were on hand for the event including media members and excited WWE fans.

"It was kind of crazy," Sarah Fuhrmann said.

Prior to the trip she said she was excited to be able to visit New York as she had never been there before.

However, the press conference took up most of the Fuhrmanns’ Thursday and Sarah said they weren’t able to see much else of the city spending just two days there.

Although she was happy for the opportunity, she said it still didn’t make up for getting the short end of the sweepstakes.

Frustrating experience

Sarah Fuhrmann didn’t get into professional wrestling until she met Robert four years ago. She had since become an ardent fan, the family tuning in regularly for various WWE events.

"It’s just entertaining," she said. "It’s fun to watch the fights and root for certain people."

While winning $2 was not the life-changing figure the Fuhrmanns were hoping for, it may have turned out to be life-changing in a way WWE wouldn’t prefer.

Sarah said her experience may have an effect on her future interest in pro wrestling.

"It was an experience," Fuhrmann said. "It kind of felt like one of broken promises though. I don’t know how much more we’re going to watch WWE events."

McMahon handed out another million dollars again on this past Monday night’s Raw, and again hung one fan out to dry.

While every other winner received sums of more than $50,000, Becky Carmon of Advance, N.C. took home just $16 in winnings.

kellercitizen.com

What a freakin baby. I mean, I won ZERO dollars. I'm not gonna stop watching wrestling. You only won two dollars, boo hoo, you have a great, funny story about it, got a free trip to new york, and got to meet Triple H (who gave you money as well, another great story!), John Cena, Maria, and Vince! They didn't have to do crap for that family after they made them the joke of the giveaway, but they still did. She can get over herself and enjoy the great experience and great story that she has gotten from this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the family already got a FREE trip to new york....what else does she want?

Ok, she has a great story to tell, her family got a free trip to NY and got to meet and talk to HHH, Cena etc. How many people get that chance???

How many millions of people did register and not get a phone call?!?! Are they all refusing to watch WWE because Vince didn't call them?

Yeah, so she only won $2... But look at what else she got! Everyone has been the butt of a joke at some point in their lives...

rofl at HHH increased it to $5. classic, dont believe this happened, didnt see raw this week.