Another member of the famed Shamrock clan has signed with a major MMA organization.

Jeff Shamrock, the nephew of UFC hall-of-famer and MMA trailblazer Ken Shamrock, has inked a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Shamrock, who trains under his uncle Ken, is expected to debut with the organization sometime after Friday's "Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Thomson" event in San Jose, Calif. He currently fights at 155 pounds.

Shamrock (0-0) made his amateur debut in August and defeated Kyle Davey via first-round submission.

"I am very thankful for the opportunity," Shamrock stated. "Signing with Strikeforce gives me the chance to put all of my training to the test and to develop as an elite fighter. I am really looking forward to fighting for them."

Strikeforce promoter Scott Coker expressed his happiness in landing another Shamrock. In fact, much of Strikeforce's initial popularity was due to Frank Shamrock, who is Ken's adoptive brother. Frank had reigned as the organization's longtime middleweight champ before a recent loss to Cung Le.

"Jeff possesses that incredible Shamrock strength that his family is known for," Coker said. "I expect great things from Jeff and look forward to his professional debut."