Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    DON'T GIE'A FUCK the madscotsman's Avatar

He'll be back soon enough his movies are starting to suck

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhant
    Fuck,you're seriously stupid.You said its fake.Im saying some of the great stuff posted on wwe.com is fake 2? are you stupid or just really snobbish
    I'm not even exactly sure what you are trying to communicate here (I guess now I know what it feels like to be you). I never said anything was fake. I never even used that word in this thread before this post. I actually suggested the opposite about wwe.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by the phenomenal sid
    think of it from his point of view.he has a family to support.
    Maybe you haven't been paying attention, but it's common knowledge now that The Rock makes more money doing movies than being a pro wrestler. Continuing his movie career would allow him to support his family better.
    he after all has to live up to a family name and reputation worth three generations in wrestling.
    Just the opposite is true. The Rock is already a legend in the eyes of pro wrestling fans, as young as he is. He doesn't have to prove himself any further. He has already gone above and beyond any expectations bestowed on him by his father's or grandfather's careers.

If he continues his movie career and become a legendary actor, (please note the word "If"), he will only make his family's reputation even better than it already is due to his early success in pro wrestling.
    you are doing exactly what he wants you to.he knows all of us fans will one day lose hope of returns.and when that happens he will in his own words return when we least expect him to.
    Untrue. I've never had hopes either way. I know he will be back (said that 3 times now in this thread).

That's not how the pro wrestling business works. If we as fans "lose hope", then we wouldn't care if he returned or not. He obviously needs a lot of hype and expectations for an appearance to work.

Damn Assassin, you had to repeat yourself enough, lol. I wonder if they realized what you said yet?

And I personally feel like he sold out. I know the deal with more money, but thats if his movies are good. I have to admit, I've only seen like 2 movies he has been in. They were good, not great, and good will get him by for now. But when he went away for the first time, we all that it would be just a one time deal. Now look at it, I too believe he will be back someday. I just can't wait any longer, and I know that it doesn't matter what I want as a fan.

But do you remember back when he came back at the Raw a couple weeks before WM 20. That was one of the biggest moments in my time watching wrestling. And I can only hope that when he comes back, he is here for a long enough time so we can see what The Rock really is. Not a Hollywood sell out that comes in for 1 appearance every 3 years, more than likely, just to collect a paycheck because he doesn't have a movie deal at the time.

^If you're expecting anything more than that, you are in for a disappointment. I personally don't think The Rock even cares about being loyal to his WWE fans anymore. Why should he? He doesn't need them. There are more people who go to movie theaters than who watch RAW. I'm not saying I'm certain that he completely doesn't care about wrestling fans, it's just that he has no obligation to.

I'm not expecting that to happen, nor is there any possibility it will. And I agree, I don't think he cares about us as wrestling fans anymore. When he says, "Oh, The Rock still loves the wrestling fans, after all, I wouldn't be where I am today without them" and shit like that, it pisses me off because he only says that so we go watch his movies.

While the part where if it wasn't for us fans he wouldn't be where he is, I just don't think he cares anymore. And like you said, why should he.

I Got 2 Words 4 Ya.... S E L L - O U T !!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I'M BUFF & I'M THE STUFF. BEAT ME IF YOU CAN, SURVIVE IF I LET YOU. I AM THE GAME & I AM THAT DAMN GOOD. I'LL CHOKE YOU OUT (OR) I'LL MAKE YOU TAP. BIG POPPA PUMP IS YOUR HOOK UP, HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME. OHH IT'S REAL, IT'S DAMN REAL.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdStunner
    I can only hope that when he comes back, he is here for a long enough time so we can see what The Rock really is. Not a Hollywood sell out that comes in for 1 appearance every 3 years, more than likely, just to collect a paycheck because he doesn't have a movie deal at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin™
    If you're expecting anything more than that, you are in for a disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdStunner
    I'm not expecting that to happen, nor is there any possibility it will.
    So you're admitting to having false hopes? How can you hope for something but not expect it to happen because it's impossible? Seems like a contradiction.

Ring Crew

Well im already over him for the most part. Its not that I hate him or anything, but the fact is that as long as you are loyal to me, i'll be loyal to you. Now, im not saying he is bad or even wrong for the career decision he has made. However, he decided to move on past us wrestling fans because he wanted more and that makes me question some.
    This comes down to a love for the business. If you truly love wrestling with your heart and soul then why did you leave? Was it because of your love for your family? That would be understandable. I wouldn't want him to be broken down years from now because its his life and his body. I wish him the best, but from a fans perspective, the Rock has left those who appreciated him most in favor of an average movie career. A question of everyone in this thread, if the thing you loved most gave you an above average lifestyle ( he was still a millionaire) wouldn't you want to stay there with those who appreciated your craft.

Isn't having false hopes part of being a wrestling fan?

Ya i want rock to come back it would be so entertaining again when he starts making fun of people

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of fight in the dog"

LT

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast