WEST Ham boss Gianfranco Zola reckons his players can eat their way to glory this season.

The Italian believes the food is so good at the Hammers’ Chadwell Heath training ground he no longer wants to nip home for pasta.

He said: “We’re trying to change a few things but the players do eat properly. I see what the cook prepares and it’s actually very good.

“In fact I prefer eating here to going home but don’t tell my wife! I recommend the salmon.”

But while head chef Tim De’ath and his crew are busy cooking up treats, Zola is convinced his bad-boy striker Craig Bellamy won’t be cooking up a stink.

Zola knows the fit-again Wales international has a reputation as a troublemaker but says there is room for a character in his side.

He said: “It is not a problem. I know he has his own character, a strong one, but I am not asking him to change. I just want him to play well and get along with the others.

“If you want a winning team you need players with strong character. As long as they are positive *characters I don’t mind them at all.”

With Dean Ashton recovering from ankle surgery and David Di Michele having made little impact at Fulham last week, Zola will be tempted to bring Bellamy back for the Upton Park clash with Bolton today.

Meanwhile, Bolton defender Jlloyd Samuel has warned blundering ref Rob Styles to get used to the spotlight after his Cristiano Ronaldo shocker.

Styles handed Ronaldo a penalty during the Old Trafford clash with Gary Megson’s men last Saturday.

Samuel clearly won the ball from the United winger but Styles bizarrely pointed to the spot.

The ex-Aston Villa defender said: “Rob Styles is going to be under the spotlight, so good luck to him.

“I don’t think Bolton would have won that penalty at Old Trafford.

“It’s good publicity for me having the country saying what a good, fair tackle it was but it would have been better if we had won!”

Bolton boss Megson said: “We have to get points on the board because we are down in the lower reaches of the division.”

dailystar.co.uk