Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Jim Ross Blog - Tue, 10/07/2008

For the record, the Pacific Northwest is beautiful country. The fans in Portland Sunday were awesome. What an asset they were during No Mercy, which was a helluva solid PPV.

Random thoughts...

Last Friday’s debut of Smackdown on MyNetworkTV was a ratings success with over 3 million viewers. The challenge is to build on that number, but it can be done with stout broadcasts.

How mentally and physically tough are Chris Jericho and HBK? Damn tough. After Sunday’s Ladder Match, these two were deeply involved in Monday’s Raw. In the old Turner WCW, several stars would have been absent from Nitro the night after a physical PPV match.

I enjoyed Raw Monday night from my hotel room in Spokane.

Did Mike Adamle have “jet lag” Monday night? If so, it worked for the Raw GM, as he had more emotion and fire since being named head honcho on Raw.

Lilian Garcia and the Great Khali might be the next couple on “Dancing with the Stars.” What a prom picture.

Multiple announcers on Raw during the Jillian-Kelly match must have been a nightmare for the closed captioning person.

Speaking of tough, John Cena is another old school tough dude. Trust me on this one. I saw toughness and passion in Cena the first time I saw him, years before he made it to the WWE.

If you’re ever in Spokane, check out Spencer’s Steakhouse.

HHH-Jeff Hardy had a great wrestling bout at No Mercy...one of the I have had the privilege of calling in years. Both men came out of the match the better. Awesome counters and classic strategy.

My vote to oppose Santino Marella at Cyber Sunday is the Honky Tonk Man. The King’s estranged first cousin can still entertain and can hang with the reigning IC Champion.

HHH vs. The Big Show on Friday Night Smackdown should be a big time main event. What is GM Vickie Guerrero’s “relationship” with Show? Isn’t Vickie still married to Edge? Sounds like an episode of “As the World Turns.” Stay tuned.

What’s the over/under on how many times Tazz and yours truly will say “WWE Universe” on Friday night. Sound, strategic marketing slogan.

In a million years, I would have never predicted that the Big Show would have defeated The Undertaker via knockout at No Mercy. Retribution by the Deadman could be nasty if history means anything.

Looking forward, not really, to my 4 a.m. wakeup call Wednesday morning to head back to Oklahoma from scenic Spokane.

J.R.’s Family Bar-B-Q in Moore will host a Bevo Bar-B-Q this Thursday from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. and you’re invited. $5.99 chopped brisket sandwiches and a side item of your choice is the daily special.

Please keep us in mind for your holiday shopping needs with many items under 10 bucks.

I hope you will take the time to catch my appearance on ESPN’s College Football Live at 3:30/2:30 Central time. My prediction on the upcoming OU-Texas game likely won’t be surprising, but my reasons might be.

Boomer Sooner!
    J.R.

Main Eventer

Thanks for this.