AC Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf has spoken of his excitement at getting the chance to play alongside David Beckham.

The former England captain will spend two months with the Italian giants from January during the MLS close season in a bid to maintain his fitness in order to stay in England manager Fabio Capello's plans.

Former Holland international Seedorf firmly believes that Beckham can only improve as a player at the San Siro.

He told Sky Sports News: "We are all quite excited at how it will work and how he will fit in.

"Everyone is excited to have David Beckham in Milan so we are looking forward to him coming here.

"I will help him out to achieve his goals knowing that he is a great professional and that he will help us also to do the same thing."

Despite the words of encouragement Seedorf has warned his new team-mate that he is not guaranteed a place in the side.

He added: "I don't know if he is going to play for us, I think his first goal is to get fit and get in the best shape possible. Training with a club like AC Milan will definitely improve his game even if it is just from the training ground.

"The games for England will be his final goal and that's right as 2010 isn't so far away, so he has to work hard to show Capello that he is still there."

sky sports