Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

$tu

Default Heats Win The Chamionship 95 - 92

For the first time in history the Miami Heat have won the Chamionship.
    Good Job men. Good game.

95 - 92

There was a foul that should have been called on that last shot. This was overall a poorly officiated series. It could have easily gone the other way. Dallas didn't shoot very well tonight.

$tu

no they didn't BUT Miami also didn't make alot of thier shots, Dallas however was still FAST as hell, I would've loved to see a Game 7 where it's "all on the line" Dallas would've probably taken it but still MIAMI!!

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin™
    There was a foul that should have been called on that last shot. This was overall a poorly officiated series. It could have easily gone the other way. Dallas didn't shoot very well tonight.
    not throughout the whole series.. just in game 6.. the better team won, plain and simple. Congrats to the Heat.
    < Thanks Eragon

< Thanks Joe

Yes congrats to the Heat. Not really a fan of them but I am glad that Shaq won before Kobe. lol

gre8 man...!

Quote Originally Posted by flamesoffury
    not throughout the whole series.. just in game 6.. the better team won, plain and simple. Congrats to the Heat.
    It's not anywhere near that plain and simple. You can't tell me something that I saw didn't happen. This was, as a whole, a poorly officiated series. There were dozens of bad calls. However, the most apparent was at the end of game 6 last night.

The Situation:

With 10 seconds left and down by three points (95-92), Jason Terry, guarded by Gary Payton, dribbled up the court, pulled up, and tried to get himself planted to take the three-pointer that would have tied the game.

The Foul:

As he was beginning the motion of shooting the ball, Payton grabbed and yanked at Terry's jersey. Terry ended up missing the shot by a couple of inches (How much would you assume a shot would be offset by someone pulling on you while you are shooting?).

The Finish:

The referee was in an excellent position and should have had a great view of this foul. It was the most obvious foul personal foul (second to Stackhouse DESTROYING Shaq) of the whole series, but of course, it was not called, Wade got the rebound with 2 seconds left, and the game was over.

This was not the onlly bad call of game 6, and not the only bad call of the series. The officials made plenty of mistakes in each game. There were numerous bad calls that went against Miami also. Overall, the refs weren't doing their jobs right.

As far as the better team winning the series, that's another misconception. There were three games in this series decided on the last possession. All three of those games were won by Miami (Game 3 - by two points, Game 5 - by one point in overtime; Game 6 - by three points--no foul called.) If you look at the other three games in which it was clear which team dominated, Dallas won 2 out of 3. Even in the 4 "losses", Dallas spent more time on the court with the lead. Obviously, the only lead that matters is the one at the end of the game, but if you're only focused on what the outcome is, you're not truly being entertained and you can't have a realistic grasp on who the better team is.

Specifically looking at Game 6, Dallas obviously didn't help themselves out by shooting horribly in the 4th quarter and not playing tight defense. But if you look at earlier in the game, Dallas was up by 14 at one time. You don't go up by 14 points by the other team's accidents, especially not in the Finals. The Maverick were the better team and were playing at a much higher level. Dallas had to actively make mistakes for the Heat to even get back in the game (For instance, poor shooting :hmm: ).

I hope I have made it clear exactly why I sternly disagree with the notions that the referees did a good job and that the Heat are the better team.