Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Main Eventer

Jim Ross Talks About Reid Flair's Wrestling Debut & More

im Ross has posted a new blog on his official website. Below are highlights:

- While in K.C. Saturday several people including many media members quizzed me about my thoughts regarding the film "The Wrestler." It seems a significant amount of former wrestling fans and non fans have set their sights on seeing "The Wrestler" when it is released nationally and the reviews, trailer, etc has created a great deal of interest. I know I am anxious to see the film as I am sure it will remind me of many of my peers over the years who, for whatever reasons, either made bad decisions or simply were "snake bit" and did not enjoy successes or enough happy times in their post wrestling careers.

- Read a nice story where some fans enjoyed meeting Kevin Nash at a recent Indy event. Kevin is one of the wittiest, most engaging guys around and when I had my radio show on AM750 WSB in Atlanta on Sunday nights I had Kevin on as a guest many times. As a matter of fact he was probably my best guest and his glibness helped get him noticed by WCW decision makers (is that an oxymoron??) as until then Kevin was just considered a huge, jacked up former bouncer from the Cheetah and former Tennessee hoopster. Kevin could easily do talk radio if he ever chooses to and would be damn good at it. Smart guy who has invested well and won't have to be wrestling Indy dates when he is north of 50 unless he simply wants to.

- Big weekend in Charlotte for the Flair's as Ric's youngest son Reid made his in ring debut Saturday night. One can only imagine the "after party" and without question "The Naitch" would be my guess as the celebration's MVP. Following his famous father won't be easy for Reid and hopefully he will develop his own style and his own approach to the game and not try to emulate his Dad's every move. I do know that Reid is athletic and has a solid amateur background and I wish him the best. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Ric head to South Florida around January 8 to catch the OU-Florida BCS National Title Fame as Ric is not only a great friend of mine but also of OU Coach Bob Stoops who Ric met when Bob was the defensive coordinator for the Gators. Enjoying some social time in South Beach with Ric and attending the football would definitely be blog worthy....to say the least. But no cameras, please.

- I wonder what the announcer assignments will be Monday Night for the 3 hour Raw that starts one hour earlier at 8/7 central? Raw is now Cole and King's show from a broadcast perspective but I assume that all the teams will be used to some degree or why would we be all told to be there? There are some provocative interpromotional matches on tap with which I hope Tazz and I can be a part. Hell, Monday's Raw feels PPV-like on paper and I know the fans in Philly will do their part to make the show special.

- Rumor has it that the WWE thought about leaving their resident dot com guru Joey Styles in Iraq but the military intervened. Well, that's what "they" say and we all know "they" usually know what "they" are talking about.

- Is O.J. Simpson extraordinarily stupid or just overwhelmingly arrogant with a super sized sense of entitlement? I don't have the answer but it seems as if "The Juice" will have plenty of time to figure it out over the next several years. I met O.J. once in an airport and he came off as aloof and not like the guy I had enjoyed watching on TV running thru airports on the Hertz commercials. It will be interesting to see what sort of prison accommodations Simpson receives as one would assume he wouldn't survive long in the prison's general population.

- Read where someone speculated that Tazz might be "jealous" of Matt Striker and that's not accurate. Tazz likes to "break balls" as it is in his DNA and Striker is such a "wrestling nerd" that Striker himself facilitates these confrontational opportunities for the enjoyment of all of us who hang around "the back" and in catering at WWE TV tapings. I assure that it is all in good fun as all three WWE announce teams get along very well.

You can read the full blog post at this link.

thanks for this Eel
    EYES OF THE INSANE