Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Jerry Lynn On "The Wrestler", His Return, The Old & New ECW

Source: PWInsider.com

Former ECW Champion, member of the Monday Night Mayhem Hall Of Fame (Class Of 2004), & current ROH superstar, Jerry Lynn, was the special guest on the ""Merry Mayhem Christmas/Hanukkah Spectacular Extravaganza" edition (12/22/08) of Monday Night Mayhem, hosted by The Big Mosh & Blade.

Jerry was welcomed back to the program by Mosh & Blade for his first appearance since "Your Home Of Wrestling Radio" proudly celebrate their six-year anniversary this past February. As part of the "Merry Mayhem" holiday festivities, Jerry wanted to take the time to wish all of The Mayhem Nation a Merry Christmas & a Happy Hanukkah.

The Mayhem Crew discussed Jerry's "mainstream" return to the business in Ring Of Honor over the past several months, leading into his match this past Friday night (for the first time ever) with "The American Dragon" Bryan Danielson. Jerry knows that now, more than ever, that the pressure is indeed on. "I know I've got my work cut out for me." He is glad that ROH brought him into the company, so he can have the chance to work with wrestlers he has never worked with, in addition to creating new goals for him that he can try to achieve. "Now, I've really gotta' kick up the training."

On the heels of the departure of Gabe Sapolsky from ROH & bringing in Adam Pierce into the fold, Jerry believes that the Ring Of Honor product "plateaued" several years ago & did indeed need to change, in order to achieve a wider fanbase. He added that it's too early to make any conclusions on any of the chances just yet, mainly because some of the storylines & feuds were in place prior to this happening.

Some of the buzz this week from the fans of the original ECW comes from the way of current WWE superstar & ECW original Tommy Dreamer, who has a new blog up on the WWE Universe social networking website, addressing the topic of comparing the old ECW to the new ECW:

"ECW was a place for unknowns to become stars in the wrestling business & for veterans to show the world that they are still great with a change of scenery. So in that aspect, ECW is exactly the same as it was."

Jerry's response to what some are calling "controversial" comments from Tommy this past week: "There is no comparison. The new one's a big joke. They take guys from RAW & SmackDown that they can't figure out with to do with & put them on ECW....Maybe he means in the purpose of it, for what it's being used for or trying to be used for."

The rumors have been running rampant amongst the internet over the past few days about Ring Of Honor reportedly set to run a storyline featuring Jerry, that will play off of the acclaimed Darren Aronofsky film, "The Wrestler" -- a "Rocky"-like character/a grizzled veteran who is down on himself, but striving for one last chance at greatness, with a mix of the tone of the new movie, when it comes to the idea of whether time has passed Lynn by or not. Jerry said that when he first saw the trailer for the film on the computer, he "almost fell out of his chair." He admits that Mickey's look in the film is very similar to his, and he also strongly believes in what Randy "The Ram" said in one part of the movie (that "grunge ruined metal"). "I've been saying that for the last ten years." He sees some definite potential in "The Wrestler" giving the wrestling business "the kick" that it very much needs right now. "Maybe this is what it'll take to get it popular again."
    Upside Down means I'm better than you
    :paj::mod:
    Disclaimer: Had to blow Admins for Upside Down.
    I'm not a troll...I just play one on the Internet.

wow thanks for the read
    EYES OF THE INSANE