Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Default World News joined 0001

World's oldest person dies at 115

Maria de Jesus became the world's oldest person after an American woman, Edna Parker, died in November at the age of 115 years and 220 days, according to the Gerontology Research Group.

A family member said Maria de Jesus died in an ambulance on her way to hospital.

She was born on September 10, 1893 and reached 115 years and 114 days old.

-Yahoo.

Default Public Warned Over Toxic Cloud

Public Warned Over Toxic Cloud

A West Midlands Fire and Rescue spokesman advised members of the public to stay indoors and keep windows and doors shut.

The thick phospohorous hanging cloud, estimated to measure 50ft by 400ft, was hovering above Oldbury, West Midlands, and appeared to be heading south towards the M5 motorway.

The cloud emerged this afternoon amid a large fire at Rhodia Consumer Specialties Ltd in Trinity Street, Langley.

Fire services have said the blaze is now out and the site is under control. No one has been injured.

Phosphorous causes irritation to eyes, sneezing, soreness, throat soreness and shortness of breath.

If affected, the public are advised to seek medical help.

A West Midlands Police spokesman said: "Police are urging members of the public - especially those in high rise buildings - to keep windows and doors closed, and stay indoors.

"Motorists are urged to keep moving and keep windows closed and air vents off.

"Phosphorus reacts badly if it comes into contact with water, therefore residents who come into contact with the chemical are urged to avoid having baths or showers until the cloud has dispersed.

"Police advise people living in the area to stay calm and remain indoors, closing all windows and doors. People should avoid going to the area."

-Yahoo.

Main Eventer

Thanks for posting.

Main Eventer

Thanks for this.

Main Eventer

Default Britons tell of Bangkok fire horror

A Briton injured in the New Year's Eve nightclub fire in Thailand said he had been rescued by the "hand of an angel".

Alex Wargacki, 29, from London, was speaking as he recovered from the fire in Bangkok which claimed the lives of at least 61 partygoers and injured 200 more.

He is among the four Britons receiving treatment in hospital after the stampede to flee the blaze which broke out at the Santika Club. Mr Wargacki is in intensive care at Bangkok's private Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital.

The foreign exchange trader, who suffered burns and smoke inhalation during the panicked evacuation of the building, said he was lucky to be alive. He was pulled from the burning club by an unknown rescuer after collapsing as he tried to escape. He is now on a respirator to help him breathe.

Mr Wargacki, who has lived in Bangkok for four years, told reporters: "I felt myself going unconscious. I knew something was happening to my lungs. I could not breathe. I blacked out and fell to the floor. I woke up and heard this voice saying. 'Come on. Come on this way'. Then I felt myself being dragged towards an exit. A crowd of people parted in front of me and then I was out in the open air.

"Had it not been for this voice with the hand of an angel I would not be alive today. The voice sounded as if he was Thai. Maybe he was one of the people at the New Year's party."

Speaking to the Press Association today, Mr Wargacki said he felt his condition had improved, but he was having trouble with his voice because of smoke inhalation.

He said another Briton, Oliver Smart, was being treated in the bed next to him in the intensive care unit. "He is in a bad condition. He can't breathe and is on a ventilator. He can't speak either because of the smoke inhalation."

Another injured Briton, Steven Hall, 35, from Cardiff, South Wales, described the dramatic scenes as the fire suddenly spread from the stage to take hold of the club. Some revellers appeared to think the flames were part of the show and hesitated to escape, he said.

One report suggested that a 34-year-old British woman may have died in the tragedy, but the Foreign and Commonwealth Office could not confirm this.

-Nova

Thanks EeL.

Main Eventer

Default Probe into palace plans discovery

Detailed plans of the Queen's official residence in Scotland discovered near a footpath did not originate from the royal household, it has been revealed.

The drawings of the Palace of Holyroodhouse show details of the royal mews in front of the palace.

Royal security chiefs have launched an investigation into the discovery in Edinburgh. But it later emerged that the plans appear to be part of correspondence between a firm of architects and a lawyer about a licensing application for the palace's cafe.

A spokeswoman for the palace said the discovery was a security breach which was being taken "very seriously".

The areas in the plans, which include the cafe, are open to the public and are not secure parts of the building where the Royal Family would stay.

The architect's drawings were discovered under a bush on a path leading to the Water of Leith, in Roseburn, Edinburgh.

The drawings, with an accompanying letter, were found by the Daily Record newspaper's agony aunt, Joan Burnie, as she was walking her dog.

She told the paper: "Polly saw them underneath a bush on the path and came out with the plans in her mouth. I took them from her to see what they were and that's when I saw the letter. I was shocked to see the plans were for Holyroodhouse."

The paper reported the plans showed power ducts, cables and a transformer, as well as the sizes of the gardens and locations for boiler rooms, gas meters, store cupboards, kitchens, toilets and wash areas. Three public entrances are highlighted and the dimensions of the stable yards and seated terrace areas are given, it was reported.

The plans have been handed over to security staff by the Daily Record.

-Nova

wow, Thanks.

Thanks For This
    Upside Down means I'm better than you
    :paj::mod:
    Disclaimer: Had to blow Admins for Upside Down.
    I'm not a troll...I just play one on the Internet.

Default Bid to remove plane crash wreckage

Bid to remove plane crash wreckage

At least two people were killed when the plane ploughed into power lines above the West Coast Main Line on Friday and inquiries are ongoing to establish whether a third victim also died.

Chief Inspector Paul Richards, of British Transport Police, confirmed that the remains of the aircraft would be removed from the scene.

Speaking at a cordon set up less than 50 yards from the crash site, the officer said: "A comprehensive search of the site is under way and arrangements will then be made to remove the wreckage."

Mr Richards said experts from the Air Accidents Investigation Branch were examining the site and had "primacy" in the inquiry.

Meanwhile, British Transport Police is continuing to liaise with Staffordshire Police to confirm the identities of those killed.

The pilot of the plane has been named by relatives as 59-year-old Alan Matthews, from Walsall, West Midlands.

Mr Matthews' wife, Jenny, said he had 19 years of flying experience and it was thought he had arranged to go flying with a work colleague and possibly another person.

Police confirmed two deaths, but a spokeswoman said they believed a third person had also died and a pathologist is expected to confirm this.

On Friday night all rail services on the West Coast Mainline between Rugby and Stafford remained suspended and British Transport Police warned the line was unlikely to be fully repaired this weekend.

-Yahoo.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast