MANCHESTER CITY will perform a dramatic U-turn and hammer Robinho with a club record fine for going AWOL from their Tenerife training camp last week.

Earlier today, SunSport exclusively revealed the £32.5 million Brazilian ace had yet to be punished for his erratic behaviour which left City chiefs fuming.

But Eastlands boss Mark Hughes insists the 25-year-old WILL face disciplinary action – and a whopping £200,000 fine for his actions.

Hughes said: “I’ve had a talk with Robinho. I have told Robby about the situation and our intention is to fine him.

“But there is a disciplinary procedure that has to be gone through and that is what we are doing at the moment.

“But what I would like to say is that he will be treated no differently to any other member of the squad.”

Robinho returned to Manchester from South America at the weekend and trained with the rest of Hughes's squad yesterday.

It is expected he will line up alongside new arrivals Craig Bellamy and Nigel de Jong tomorrow evening when City entertain Newcastle at home in the Premier League.

The Sun