Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Main Eventer

Clarification On The Rock Returning To WrestleMania This Year

There has been rumors, some of which started months ago, regarding Dwayne Johnson and a possible return to the ring at WrestleMania 25. Unfortunately, this is probably the most unlikely scenario of any that we've seen, including Hogan, Austin, and Mickie Rourke. The Rock has stated numerous times in recent interviews that he is done with professional wrestling and focusing solely on his acting career.

Most recently, the Rock told the AP Press that he has no intentions of returning to the ring. "I retired five years ago. That was a character I loved playing. That gave me the opportunity to move on and to transition. That created a platform for me that can never be duplicated."

WO reports that at one point, Vince McMahon had thought about another Rock/Austin match simply due to the fact that he wanted a major main event for the 25th anniversary. However, Johnson's advisers definitely wouldn't want him doing it and he hasn't talked about doing another match in years.

Prior to 2005-ish, the Rock had discussed working with someone like Rey Mysterio, Sting (impossible due to TNA contract), or Randy Savage (impossible due to obvious reasons). Johnson thought these guys would be great from a historical standpoint and he had always wanted to work with them. It's been three or four years, however, since the Rock has discussed working a match and it definitely seems as if his wrestling career is over.

Source: WZ

Can't say I blame him really. Of course, Escape to Witch Mountain or whatever it is called, looks to be a hoot? *sarcasm* Truthfully, I wouldn't want to go back. He's obviously done with it all in the ring. They should just drop it.

i agree^, thanks for the post Eel
    EYES OF THE INSANE

Its a shame, the rock was awesome haha