Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

Bret Hart Tells a Very Interesting Story About Vince

- Former WWE Champion Bret Hart recently sat down with ESPN.com for an interview. Bret tells this great story here about Vince McMahon in a bar. You can check out the rest of the interviews at ESPN.com. Here’s Bret telling the Vince tale:

“I was celebrating because my brother Owen had come into town,” Hart says as he breaks down the story. “It was his first day back and at the time, I was the Intercontinental champion. And being the Intercontinental champion, back then it gave you some security that you wouldn’t get fired the next day. They needed you. They couldn’t afford to fire the champion for whatever.

“I remember The Road Warriors were talking to [Hulk] Hogan, and Hogan was really gearing them up because they swore up and down that they were going to do their finishing move on Vince as soon as they saw him that night. I was listening to them, and I really thought they were going to do it. They were joking around that if Vince walked into the bar, they were going to do it. But it was rare for Vince to ever go into a bar and everyone knew it.

But that night, the strip bar was just packed with people, and what do you know, in walks Vince. I don’t know why he showed up. I think it’s because they were going to start drug testing. We had a big meeting that day on how they were going to start real drug testing and it was going to be for steroids, so there was a lot of concern with the wrestlers about life without steroids. I remember, it wasn’t a big deal to me. I thought if everyone else was off steroids, it might be better for me. I wasn’t afraid to go clean. But as you could tell, six months later, a lot of the other wrestlers, they were all gone. I’m not sure if that’s why Vince came to the bar or not, but I think that had something to do with it. One last night before the testing.

“I just remember, Vince was really drunk when he got in there, which was a rarity, too. But he was drunk and some of the guys he was with were actually trying to stop him from going in. They were trying to pull him out of there. But he came in and right away Hogan’s eyebrows went up. He already had The Road Warriors talked in to doing their finish. I remember talking to Jim [Neidhart], and we both wanted to see it. Everyone gathered around to see if they would have the balls to do it. Next thing you know, they came right in behind Vince and scooped him up piggyback style, then Hawk jumped up on one of the poles. Everyone in the whole bar thought they were going to take Vince’s head off. We were all watching, then Hawk came down with this little powder puff clothesline and Beefcake and Hogan caught Vince. There was a little golf clap and everyone was laughing. I remember right away looking at Jim and saying ’so much for the finish.’ He looked back at me and was like: ‘The Hart Foundation would’ve done it.’ And I agreed. I said something about how we would’ve had the balls to do it, then I turned to Owen and told him that we had to get out of there right now before Jim picks Vince up.

“As soon as I turned around, there was a clear runway as all the wrestlers stepped back, and Jim had already picked up Vince in a Bear Hug. He wanted me to do our finish, we called it the Hart Attack. Everybody was looking at me like maybe you have the balls to do it. And I remember thinking, well, here it goes. I ran as fast as I could and completely took Vince’s head off with that clothesline. The only way to do that move, you have to go full blast, otherwise you could never get your legs up, so I pretty much hit him as hard as I could. He was lying there looking at me and he said: ‘Hitman, you owe me a drink.’ Dewar’s on ice. I never forgot it.

“The funny thing is, two or three years later when I was champion, Vince had to have surgery on his neck and I said to him: ‘Maybe it was because of that clothesline I gave you in that bar.’ He stopped and he looked at me, and he didn’t have a friendly look on his face, and he said: ‘Maybe.’ And I thought, maybe.”

WNZ

wow thanks for the read Gunner
    EYES OF THE INSANE

good story thanks

Hilarious thanks