Jimmy Calderwood has played down speculation he would leave Aberdeen if he successfully guided the club to a Homecoming Scottish Cup triumph this year.

The Dons boss has made no secret of his desire to bring the cup back to Pittodrie before he searches for pastures new.

But, he insists if his side were to go all the way this year, he would still have a lot of work left to do at the club.

"I love it at Aberdeen and there is still a lot of work to do here," he said.

"If you did win it then you would have to look at things but, really, after Aberdeen, you don't have too many other choices in Scotland.

"We have a crop of fantastic kids coming through and I love the city, and I love the club.

"Somebody asked me if I would like to manage in England and, eventually, I would but there is an awful lot we still have to do here first."

If Calderwood is going to guide his charges to Scottish Cup glory then his side will have to overcome Dunfermline in a quarter-final replay on Wednesday night.

The Dons will start as favourites but Calderwood is expecting a tricky encounter.

He added: "We have been well warned about what can happen if you underestimate teams from the lower leagues in the past.

"But the players are looking fabulous in training and we just need them to take that into the game."

Dunfermline midfielder Nick Phinn is hoping the romance of the cup throws up another shock at Pittodrie.

Phinn earned his side a lucrative second bite at the cherry with a late equaliser in the 1-1 draw between the sides earlier this month and was disappointed not to make more of two other chances that fell his way in the game.

However, having fallen behind to Sone Aluko's 61st-minute strike, the youngster admits the Fifers were happy enough to force a replay against their more-fancied opponents.

And the 21-year-old is hoping another even game could go the way of the Irn-Bru First Division side this time round, despite their hosts going into the tie as overwhelming favourites.

He said: "I was disappointed with the chances I did miss in the first game, especially the one in the first half when I should have hit the target and made the keeper make a save.

"At the second chance, the keeper pulled off a good save, to be fair to him, but I was happy to get the equaliser. We were pushing for the win but maybe a draw was a fair result.

"Going into that game, we had to give Aberdeen the praise they deserve, being the SPL team.

"But after the game, we had shown we could give them a good game.

"We know going up there, they're definitely going to be the favourites, but they were favourites coming down to us and we know we can match them.

"Anything can happen in the cup."