Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

Exclamation Brown: Wenger not a good manager

Arsenal's FA Cup win at the Emirates Stadium led to Phil Brown accusing referee Mike Riley of bowing to crowd pressure.
    Arsenal's late FA Cup win at the Emirates Stadium led to Hull boss Phil Brown accusing referee Mike Riley of bowing to crowd pressure.

Brown was also furious with Arsene Wenger as he felt the Gunners boss was attempting to get his players booked for time-wasting, and he believed William Gallas was offside when he struck the winner in the 2-1 victory.

Brown felt Riley "succumbed to local pressure" in the second half after his players were jeered for time-wasting.

"Mr Wenger decides to join in and the result is my goalkeeper getting booked in the second half," he said.

"I can't say what went on at half-time, I have no idea."

He added: "Arsene Wenger got my goalkeeper booked. You call that good management? He was complaining about time-wasting."

Hull had taken the lead through Nick Barmby in the 13th minute, then the former Tottenham midfielder had a strike chalked off for offside.

The visitors then soaked up pressure until Robin van Persie struck with 16 minutes remaining, then Gallas appeared fortunate not to be flagged for the winner.

"There is no excuse for the first goal, it was definitely a mistake by us, no excuse about the second goal it was definitely a mistake by the officials," Brown said.

"That is why we are out of the FA Cup. Ask Mr Riley how much that will cost to the city, I don't think he'd understand and I don't think he'd care."

Brown stopped short of saying his players had been cheated.

"I can't use that word, but that is the case," he said.

Wenger, contrary to television replays, felt Gallas was onside.

"It is not offside because the ball was deflected by the fist of the goalkeeper," the Frenchman said.

"(Johan) Djourou first, the goalkeeper after, then a foul on Gallas. We should have got two goals."

Wenger was upset with Boaz Myhill time-wasting in the second half.

"If I asked you if their goalkeeper wasted time I'm confident that you would say yes," Wenger said.

Sour Grapes :dearme:

I wouldnt worry about Phil Brown's opinion, He is very egotistical, Ive even heard another manager say so
    Upside Down means I'm better than you
    :paj::mod:
    Disclaimer: Had to blow Admins for Upside Down.
    I'm not a troll...I just play one on the Internet.