Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Champion, SPOILER ALERT!!

Anyone else borderline disgusted that Mick Foley is the TNA champion now? I watches Lockdown and seeing Mick Foley win just confirmed with me that TNA is dead and gone. Like we all have been saying TNA is filled with young talent that could easily carry the company IMO. Im just saying that there is guys way more qualified then the 3 time transitional WWE champion, Mick Foley

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

The Stingers Smartypants Vick Diesel's Avatar

I totally agree Chris, Guys like AJ Styles, Rhino, Joe, Daniels, even Sabin, and Shelly, along with Robert Roode, James Storm, Ray and Devon!

[IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/mh.png[/*IMG]
    [IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/Burning-Flower-psd38777.png[/*IMG]
    [IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/Untitled-1-1997.png[/*IMG]

The White Knight

man i was a big mick foley fan but since he has gone to tna he has been crap can not stand to watch him

Ring Crew

PHP Code:
    Anyone else borderline disgusted that Mick Foley is the TNA champion now
    Nope Foley is really over in TNA right now. He's going with a new fresh character, that many fans have never seen. His segments on the show usually get some of the highest ratings on the show. He's really hot right now so there's no reason why TNA shouldn't run with him. Simliar to when WWE went with Hogan as World Champ in 2002 when he came back and was really popular.

PHP Code:
    Like we all have been saying TNA is filled with young talent that could easily carry the company IMO
    Ahh... Alot of fans say that or think that but it's not really true. TNA has alot of guys who have a ton of in-ring skill. But they usually lack a interesting gimmick, Size, mic skills or charisma. The only guys in TNA right now that you would consider giving them a title run are Joe and AJ. Joe is just repackaged his character so it's too early to put the belt on him, and even though AJ probably deserves another title run. He's not really super over, and needs more of a edge to his character. The ratings aren't gonna stay this high or keep going up with AJ being the nice all-american face as champion.

Alot of fans want Daniels as Champion, but he just came back and was basically playing a comedy/jobber character over the last year. Due to not being over enough with the fans. So he still has alot to prove and get himself over before TNA can consider putting the belt on him. Guys like Robert Roode, James Storm, and maybe Matt Morgan or Alex Shelley have main event potential. But Roode/Storm are a tag team right now, and guys like Morgan and Shelley aren't ready yet. The rest of the guys on TNA roster are unlikely to be any better then they already are. Due to the lack of size, charisma, mic skills or gimmick. I think fans sometimes forget that being great in the ring doesn't make you a star. It's the combo of in-ring skills, mic skills, gimmick, size and charisma. TNA is using veterans as champions right now to pass time until the young guys are ready and improve the ratings.

PHP Code:
    Im just saying that there is guys way more qualified then the 3 time transitional WWE championMick Foley 
    Don't try to make Foley sound less important, by calling him a transitional WWE champion. The guy is a Legend and huge star in this business for a reason. The fact that he was a transitional champion was because when he was at his peak so were Stone Cold and the Rock. He even had a up and coming HHH to deal with and there was only one title belt. Even Stone Cold and the Rocks title runs were pretty short back then since the belt switched off between those four and the Undertaker. Not all fans are gonna be happy about Foley winning the title after not being a full-time wrestler in years. Especially in a company like TNA when fans wanna see more young new stars instead of former WCW and WWE wrestlers. But you gotta also understand TNA has only been around for seven years, and only a legit company since they got a tv deal three and half years ago. It takes time to fine talent and develope that talent. It also doesn't help that WWE gets dips on all the young talent and can sign them and develope them in there developemental leagues. But for now TNA needs to go with the big name stars or the company will lose its tv deal.. Without those veterans in TNA, the company wouldn't be on tv every week still.

So I can understand some not liking Foley as the World Champion. Not seeing new talent carrying the company and new stars from TNA isn't good. But If I could see a stand out guy who was young and was really over. Then I would say yeah it was a mistake to make Foley World Champ. But the simple fact is Foley is one of the biggest draws in the company. TNA doesn't have a young Randy Orton, John Cena or Edge. Those guys were already big stars and super over before they won the belt. TNA needs to get there young guys really over first, and then let them run with the belt. Trying to force it and give a guy the belt because he's young just doesn't work. When that happens the ratings go down, and that guy usually loses the belt in a month or two and takes a step backwards. So I say give it a chance. Foley still cuts some of the best promos in the business and is great at putting over other talent. If Foley continue to lose weight and improves in the ring or TNA puts him in the right type of matches. I have a feeling in the long run most people will be ok with this decision. Right now it's questionable and getting alot of mixed reactions. But lets see how it plays out before we go out of our way to bash it.

Ring Crew

Guys like AJ Styles, Rhino, Joe, Daniels, even Sabin, and Shelly, along with Robert Roode, James Storm, Ray and Devon!

AJ possibly but he's never gonna get a long run until he gets more of a edge to his character. Joe shouldn't be champion right now because his developing a new character and TNA is seeing how it plays out. Daniels is almost 38, and even though he's a great in ring talent. He still has alot of prove, and needs to show he can get over with the fans consistently. Robert Roode and James Storm are very good talents. The problem is if you break up Beer Money, then you break up the best tag team in wrestling. One of those guys will be World Champions in the next two years though. Chris Sabin is a good wrestler and ok on the mic, but he's not a future main eventer. Alex Shelley though his very good in the mic, has a good look and is a good wrestler. The only issue he might have is over coming his small size and will need to bulk up to be a main eventer, so he's not ready right now. But Ray and Devon are not singles wrestlers or main eventers. There a very good team but thats all they will ever be. So out of this list, I don't really see guys who are singles wrestlers, more over then Foley, can cut a better promo or have a interesting gimmick like Foley. Yes there all better wrestlers then Foley at this point in his career. But people should know you never get the World Title based on in-ring ablity alone.

Ok, guess that guy who wrote a book wins this round :dearme:

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    Anyone else borderline disgusted that Mick Foley is the TNA champion now? I watches Lockdown and seeing Mick Foley win just confirmed with me that TNA is dead and gone. Like we all have been saying TNA is filled with young talent that could easily carry the company IMO. Im just saying that there is guys way more qualified then the 3 time transitional WWE champion, Mick Foley
    honestly i gotta agree.

plus foley should really step aside and let the youth do there thing, i really think sting should too, companies like tna need the future stars like styles, daniels, many others as there main champions not the washed up oldies who need there last moment in the lime light.

The White Knight

if you look at the ratings mick foley segments normally do bad

Ring Crew

daniels
    He's gonna be 38 this year, he shouldn't be considered a young guy. The rest of the young guys mentioned aren't really over alot. Putting the title on them won't change that. It will just hurt there careers long term, and hurt the shows in the ratings.

if you look at the ratings mick foley segments normally do bad
    Wow that comment couldn't be anymore wrong. In his two matches on Impact they scored 1.45(highest rating on Impact ever), and 1.39(highest MCMG segment ever). Last week his interview with himself and when Sting came out scored a 1.40(the highest of the show). Since Foley has been involved as a wrestler his ratinges consistently are the highest of the show. Thats why he's the why he's the world champion. There's a reason why the show had trouble getting 1.0 last year. While Since the show after the Genesis PPV(Foley first TNA match), the ratings have been 1.2,1.1(foley wasn't on that show),1.2,1.1,1.2, 1.3,1.3,1.3,1.2 and then 1.3's ever since Foley became the number 1 contender for the title. Keep in mind for a while it was rare for TNA to get a 1.2 rating. So getting a 1.3 consistently is pretty good improvement. Right now TNA isn't that far from getting a 1.4, I wonder if Foley as Champ will do that.

One of the worst decisions TNA has made in a while. His stupid segments on tonights impact! were terrible but I laughed when the bus driver asked him what that thing on his shoulder was.
    Yo soy AAA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast