Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default No SecuROM for Dragon Age: Origins

The digital rights management technology SecuROM has incited a fair amount of debate amongst gamers, but it won't be an issue in Dragon Age: Origins. According to community manager Chris Priestly, the retail version will be shipping without the controversial program.

"We're happy to announce that the boxed/retail PC version of Dragon Age: Origins will use only a basic disk check and it will not require online authentication," he said on the official forum.

"In other words, the retail PC version of the game won't require you to go online to authenticate the game for offline play. We have chosen not to use SecuROM in any version of Dragon Age that is distributed by Electronic Arts or BioWare."

Much of the controversy surrounding the program stemmed from its inclusion in Spore, another EA game. The program imposes restrictions, such as a limited number of installs, that some have called draconian.

The recent trend has been for developers to drop DRM entirely -- a movement lead by Stardock and Brad Wardell. Dragon Age: Origins will debut sans SecuROM this fall.

1UP
    Upside Down means I'm better than you
    :paj::mod:
    Disclaimer: Had to blow Admins for Upside Down.
    I'm not a troll...I just play one on the Internet.

Mid-carder Before The Beginning's Avatar

Thumbs up for no SecuRom