Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default "Mr. #1derful" Paul Orndorff On Obama, Today's "Pitiful" Wrestling & "Stupid" PPV's

Source: PWInsider.com

Whether you ask a fan or a performer, he's one of the most respected names in wrestling. Now on the heels of his pro wrestling Hall of Fame induction, WWE Hall of Famer "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff has joined ClubWWI.com for a rare 49 minute shoot interview that hits harder than a jumping piledriver.

Retired now, Mr. Wonderful tells James about spending time with his eight grandchildren and his family. Although he's happy to be away, Paul admits that he's "bored." After years on the road, it's hard to break away from the industry, even if it's not the same as it once was. Ornodorff has a reputation for being both outspoken and straight to the point. It's evident when discussing monthly pay-per-views. Guttman asks if it's negatively impacted the business and Paul couldn't agree more.

"It killed it. You can't have a pay-per-view every month. That's stupid. I'd rather have two or three a year and draw three times as much. It's like it don't mean nothing anymore. There's nothing to look for anymore. The angles they do now are very quick. They don't give the people time enough to let it sink in. Before you know it, it's over with. That's not how you do it. That's not the way it used to be done. I mean, my God. Look what this President (Obama) is doing nowadays. I mean he's turning everything upside down and he's doing things that aren't right and this country's going to pay for. It's the same way with this business."

Orndorff goes on to talk about today's product, writers who think they're "smart," lack of psychology in wrestling, who's to blame for it, and much more in-depth discussion of how wrestling has changed. It's gotten so bad that Paul can't even sit through a full show. He explains this to ClubWWI.com listeners…

"I haven't really watched a whole show in 15 years because it's pitiful. I hear this every time somebody talks to me and I'm not joking about this. Every time somebody gets to talking, all they remember is back in the 80s and early 90s. That's what they remember because we, basically at that time, everybody knew how to work to a certain extent. And now – no. And (today's guys) don't know how. All they do is a punch of bumps coming from the ceiling. All this crazy stupid stuff that don't make a bit of sense. There's no rhyme or reason and now they're supposed to cover up the actual art of a wrestling match."

agreed