Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tommy Dreamer Expresses Disappointment With Current Direction Of ECW

In what is a sign that stars of the former ECW are becoming upset with the current direction of the brand, Tommy Dreamer stated the following in his latest column on ECW.com:

"I take it upon myself to apologize for what happened this week. I cannot truly begin to express my feelings...I am angry, pissed off and totally frustrated about what I have been seeing in ECW. I need to sit back and digest all of this; if I write about what is in my head, my column will probably no longer exist. Sorry."
    Credit: ECW.com
    'Without Order Nothing Can Exist - Without Chaos Nothing Can Grow'

WM 22 = Best PPV of 2006 Straight Edge's Avatar

I hope Vince takes notice of this, and actually GIVES control to Heyman. Seriously, if he wants ECW to succeed, he needs to give Heyman full control, and stop being an ass.

The Unholy Ones

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge
    I hope Vince takes notice of this, and actually GIVES control to Heyman. Seriously, if he wants ECW to succeed, he needs to give Heyman full control, and stop being an ass.
    I agree with you, Straight Edge.. It's obvious that ECW is run by WWE in every sense as it is slacked down and not even near as hardcore as it used to be. Tommy is right, it does suck right now and Vince should indeed give full control of ECW to Paul Heyman.

Damn OMEN, you beat me to it.

When Dreamer posted:
    I am angry, pissed off and totally frustrated about what I have been seeing in ECW.
    I don't think he was completely talking about ECW booking. I think he meant that he is also disappointed with some of the decisions made by ECW wrestlers outside of the ring that are affecting their availability inside the ring. Big Show winning the title and RVD being suspended for 30 days (it will more likely be 4 episodes) was really just a quick fix to a pretty large problem outside the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by The Unholy Alliance
    I agree with you, Straight Edge.. It's obvious that ECW is run by WWE in every sense as it is slacked down and not even near as hardcore as it used to be. Tommy is right, it does suck right now and Vince should indeed give full control of ECW to Paul Heyman.
    It's almost sad for me to admit that this is the common opinion in the IWC. Very few people saw this coming. I'm not trying to say I told you so, but I did.

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

I figured that the orginal ECW guys would start to say something about how ECW is being portrade. But this could be a good thing or a bad thing. Hope he doesn't get fired for speaking his mined. But good for Dreamer to say this.

FUCK WWE WCW4LIFE

ya i agree w/ all of you Heyman needs 2 have full control cause this so called new ECW is a joke just like SD they are killing what was once a great fed

I guess i am in the minority in regard to that article. I believe that this is all a work setting up a feud betwen Dreamer and Heyman. We all know how much Vince loves to do authority figure feuds.

^Great idea! Vince making ECW suck is all a work. I guess making SD and RAW suck was just part of a storyline too.
    :hmm:

This isn't a work. Dreamer really is pissed, along with Paul Heyman, and a good part of ECW's lockeroom. I can't forget to mention the millions of fans who had high hopes and expected this rebirth of ECW to be something really great.
    Last edited by Assassin™; 07-09-2006 at 11:01 PM.

Dreamer never says what he is so upset about. Everyone is just assuming that he is referring to the overall product. I stand by my belief that this is leading to a Heyman/Dreamer feud.

No he didn't say what specifically he is upset about, but you didn't pay attention to what he did say:
    if I write about what is in my head, my column will probably no longer exist.
    This means he is purposely holding back his opinons. What WWE storyline have you ever seen start like this? The conflict must be started early in the storyline. If you want to believe this a work, go ahead. I don't have a problem with you being wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast