Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default The Official Transfer Centre Thread

Foley to extend Wolves stay

Kevin Foley has agreed a new four-year contract with Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The 24-year-old defender joined the club from Luton in 2007 and had a year remaining on his deal with the Premier League new boys.

Foley, who made his Republic of Ireland debut last weekend, has now agreed to sign fresh terms at Molineux and will put pen-to-paper next week.

"It's something we've talked about for a while and to have finally got it done is great," he told his club's official website.

"I'm delighted to have secured my long-term future at Wolves - it's something I'm looking forward to and I can't wait to start next season now.

"I definitely see my long-term future at Wolves. We've got the nucleus of a good team here and hopefully we can go from strength to strength."

Foley is the second Wolves player to commit his future to the club this summer, following in the footsteps of captain Karl Henry, who signed a similar contract last month.

Sky Sports

Shakers seal Lowe deal

Bury have swooped to sign former Chester striker Ryan Lowe after agreeing a two-year deal with the in-demand hitman.

The 30-year-old scored 18 goals for the Seals as they dropped out of the Football League and had been linked with a host of League Two clubs.

However, the Shakers have managed to win the race for his signature and make him their first summer signing. Bury boss Alan Knill has told skysports.com that Lowe is a solid addition to his squad.

"We have agreed a two-year deal with Ryan Lowe and we have managed to bring him in ahead of a number of other clubs who were interested in him," said Knill.

"He is a striker who scored a good number of goals last season, especially when you consider that he was playing for a struggling side which finished up going down despite his goal tally, so it is a great addition to our squad."

Buchanan goal

Shakers full-back David Buchanan has recently signalled his intentions to earn a call-up to the Northern Ireland squad, having already won caps at U21 level, and Knill believes the 23-year-old deserves a chance on the international stage.

"He definitely deserves a chance on the international stage because he has been excellent this season for us," Knill added.

"When I came into the football club he played centre midfield or left wing and he didn't really do it for me there despite his technical ability.

"I gave him a shot at left-back and he has really flourished there this season. He is the kind of player who wants to do well and you can tell he is only going to get better, so he has got a lot of potential."

Sky Sports

Shakers seal Lowe deal

Bury have swooped to sign former Chester striker Ryan Lowe after agreeing a two-year deal with the in-demand hitman.

The 30-year-old scored 18 goals for the Seals as they dropped out of the Football League and had been linked with a host of League Two clubs.

However, the Shakers have managed to win the race for his signature and make him their first summer signing. Bury boss Alan Knill has told skysports.com that Lowe is a solid addition to his squad.

"We have agreed a two-year deal with Ryan Lowe and we have managed to bring him in ahead of a number of other clubs who were interested in him," said Knill.

"He is a striker who scored a good number of goals last season, especially when you consider that he was playing for a struggling side which finished up going down despite his goal tally, so it is a great addition to our squad."

Buchanan goal

Shakers full-back David Buchanan has recently signalled his intentions to earn a call-up to the Northern Ireland squad, having already won caps at U21 level, and Knill believes the 23-year-old deserves a chance on the international stage.

"He definitely deserves a chance on the international stage because he has been excellent this season for us," Knill added.

"When I came into the football club he played centre midfield or left wing and he didn't really do it for me there despite his technical ability.

"I gave him a shot at left-back and he has really flourished there this season. He is the kind of player who wants to do well and you can tell he is only going to get better, so he has got a lot of potential."

Sky Sports

Saints swoop for Deuchar

Newly-promoted SPL side St Johnstone have completed the signing of Kenny Deuchar.

The striker, 28, enjoyed a successful loan spell at McDiarmid Park in 2007 and has now penned a one-year deal.

Deuchar - a qualified doctor - boasts SPL experience with both Gretna and Hamilton and also had a stint in the United States with Real Salt Lake.

Saints manager Derek McInnes told the club's official website: "I'm delighted to get Kenny back.

"He made a huge impression at the club first time round and hopefully he will do so again.

"He knows the club and the players well and that is a plus for us. We have kept in touch since his first spell here and we tried to get him before.

"We wanted him back after his spell in the States but he wanted to test himself in the SPL.

Hunger

"It didn't work out as well as he'd have liked at Accies, for whatever reason. But he has the hunger to succeed in the SPL.

"We have got a player who has something to prove and there's a few of us in the same boat.

"We have players who were deemed not good enough at previous clubs or who are making their way in the game. We have all got a point to prove next season and Kenny is no different.

"He showed our fans before that he's a creator and a scorer.

"I like the option of a big man giving us presence up top. We have pace and movement from other strikers. But Kenny isn't just a foil for others.

"It's important to have this type of player around the club, especially with Derek Holmes moving on."

Sky Sports

Burnley release trio

Burnley boss Owen Coyle has released out-of-contract trio Steve Jones, Gabor Kiraly and Alan Mahon following promotion to the Premier League.

Jones and Kiraly failed to make a first-team appearance for the Clarets last season while Mahon featured as a substitute on eight occasions.

Meanwhile, Coyle has offered new deals to Graham Alexander, Adam Kay and Alex MacDonald as he continues his preperation for the 2009/10 Premier League campaign.

This follows the news that second year apprentices Chris Anderson, Wes Fletcher, Alex-Ray Harvey, Chris Lynch and Nik Kudiersky signed professional contracts last week.

Sky Sports

Redknapp failed in Barry bid

Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp has revealed he tried to sign Gareth Barry but was 'blown out of the water by Manchester City'.

England international Barry parted company with Aston Villa on Tuesday after the Midlands club accepted a £12million bid from affluent City.

Spurs, though, were also keen on the midfielder while Redknapp has also claimed Liverpool, who tracked Barry last summer, were interested in a renewed bid.

But the duo struggled to compete with City's financial muscle and Redknapp has admitted his frustration at losing out to Tottenham's Premier League counterparts.

He told The Sun: "This week, I tried to sign Gareth Barry. I felt he would be a good addition for Spurs and I knew we had to make a decent offer for a top England player.

Liverpool

"Liverpool were also prepared to make a big offer. But we have both been blown out of the water by Manchester City.

"They offered a far bigger transfer fee and are giving the lad much bigger wages. We could not get near.

"It's certainly not Gareth's fault that he is being given such a massive contract.

"But I believe the game could do one thing. I don't see wages or transfer fees going down but English football could start putting something back into the community.

"I'd like to see every manager and every player in the Premier League make a donation to charity from their monthly pay packets."

Embarrassed

Redknapp went on to criticise the increasing wages in the Premier League, questioning the morality of such figures in the current climate.

He said: "While I benefit from a good wage, I'm embarrassed about it, to be honest. A lot of people in football are embarrassed.

"I never thought it would get this out of hand. The sums we are now talking to get good players are really, really crazy.

"To hear that Chelsea and Real Madrid are prepared to pay £50million, £60m or even £70m for Kaka is just mental.

"Kaka is a fantastic player and I would obviously love him in my team at White Hart Lane. The fact a pro footballer could be earning £200,000 a week is plain ridiculous."

Sky Sports

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

Mid-carder Before The Beginning's Avatar

hahahaah

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

holy shit kaka, ronaldo on the same team .. holy shit

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast