The CEO of Tecmo Koei has stated that he is hoping for a price drop to the PlayStation 3. Kenji Matsubara, in an interview with CVG, said he's made it known to Sony that the company is interested in seeing such a move. "Whenever I discuss this with Sony reps I always ask them: 'Please cut the price', but I don't have a clear view on Sony's situation," he said. "It's definitely a way of boosting the PS3 market, but it's Sony's strategy and I don't know their cost structure. Sony introduced cutting-edge technology in the PS3, that's why people in the industry accept that the PS3 cost is so high, but we'd welcome a price cut."

According to recent rumors, Matsubara may get his wish this fall when Sony introduces the Slim PS3. All signs point to Sony making plans for a PlayStation 3 price drop alongside the Slim to bolster sales and please publishers. Even if those rumors don't pan out, though, at least his request was far more polite than a certain other CEO. He even used the word "please."

1UP