Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Stacy Keibler on being Baltimore’s biggest celebrity, whether she’ll host Raw

Stacy Keibler on being Baltimore’s biggest celebrity, whether she’ll host Raw

Orioles Hall of Famer Cal Ripken played in a major league record 2,632 consecutive games. Swimmer Michael Phelps made history by winning eight gold medals at the 2008 Olympics.

But neither can claim the Baltimore Celebrity Smackdown title. That trophy will sit on the mantle of former WWE diva and “Dancing with the Stars” contestant Stacy Keibler – well, it would if there was a trophy.

I spoke with Keibler on the phone from Los Angeles Tuesday afternoon about her monumental victory in the baltimoresun.com online voting contest to determine Baltimore’s biggest celebrity, as well as a few other topics.

How does it feel to officially be recognized as Baltimore’s biggest celebrity?

[Laughs] I don’t even really have words to describe it, especially with the people that were on the list. When I saw the category that I was in I was like, “Oh, great. I’m never going to beat Cal Ripken and Michael Phelps.” Cal and I have become friends, and I’m sure that we’re going to have a laugh the next time we see each other.

So you haven’t talked to Cal about it?

No, I had talked with some of the people who run his organization. After I beat him they promoted “Vote for Stacy.” I just can’t get over this. It’s so funny, but I’m so excited about it because I really have so much pride being from Baltimore, so it means a lot to me. I’m really proud that I was born and raised in Baltimore and some of the people on the list weren’t, so I think that also makes it special.

What do your parents and your friends from Baltimore think about all of this?

My parents are just so proud and excited. They’ve been following the whole contest and they were voting. They just can’t get over it.

Did you encourage people to vote for you on Facebook or Twitter?

Yeah. I started Facebook and Twitter pages a couple months ago. The fan support on both has been great and really helped to spread the word about the contest. It’s been great because I enjoy interacting with my fans whenever I can. It’s so great to hear fans’ responses. Some days I have more time than others to respond, but I try to post something every day.

You have to answer this one honestly: Before this contest, did you know who Marin Alsop was? She finished a distant second to you in the finals.

No.

Do you know who she is now?

She’s in music, right?

She is the BSO conductor.

Oh.

Don’t feel bad. I didn’t know who she was either. I had to Google her when I saw that she destroyed Brooks Robinson in the third round.

Oh my God [laughs].

Tell me about what you’re doing with “Dancing with the Stars.”

You know how Kenny Mayne does DanceCenter, the spoof on SportsCenter with him and Jerry Rice and Len [Goodman]? I’m now the special correspondent. I’m in the back in the Red Room. I did a whole bunch of different bits with different celebrities, but they’re only going to choose a couple of them, so I don’t know what exactly will air [Tuesday] night. It was so amazing to be backstage and not be stressed out. I sat there for the entire show watching people running around and dancing in the hallways. I feel like when I was on the show, all that went right past me because it was such a whirlwind. It was great to be backstage and see everyone’s energy.

You just did an episode of “Psych” [USA Network], right?

Yes. We don’t have an air date, but I believe it airs sometime in 2010. That was another amazing experience. My character is into extreme sports, so I’m white-water rafting and rock climbing. It was shot in Vancouver, which was gorgeous. I also just did a photo shoot for a magazine called Kurv, which is an Australian magazine. It’s a whole 1940s look. I’m sure they’ll be posted on the Web somewhere.

Any plans to come back home for a visit?

Yeah, I’m coming home for Thanksgiving. I come home for Christmas every year, but it’s like the first time I’ve been home for Thanksgiving since I was 18. One of the major reasons I’m coming home is because of the Ravens-Steelers game [on Nov. 29]. I’m actually going to be on the field. I’m not sure if I’m going to be doing the coin toss or just on the field for the player introductions.

Are you still optimistic about the Ravens’ chances this season?

I’m still optimistic. We had such an amazing start to the season. Now we’ve just hit a little rough patch. We can come out of it.

Raw is in Baltimore the night after the Ravens-Steelers game. Has anyone from WWE contacted you about guest hosting the show?

No one has contacted me. I actually had my management contact them, and nobody ever got back to us [laughs]. So I guess they’re not interested.

Has TNA reached out to you at all? I know you know some people there – Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley. Would you have any interest?

The organization hasn’t, but Mick and I talk regularly. They haven’t contacted me to do anything, plus I still have my deal with ABC, so I wouldn’t be able to do anything like that.

Stacy Keibler is on Facebook at facebook.com/stacykeibler and Twitter at twitter.com/StacyKeibler

The Baltimore Sun

thanks for this Ryan
    EYES OF THE INSANE