During the UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera pre-fight press conference held earlier today, Brandon "The Truth" Vera promised to be the best he's been for his bout with Randy Couture this Saturday.
"Come fight night, you're going to see potentially the best Brandon Vera that you have seen so far, and I won't be hesitating at all, I promise," Vera said.

Vera noted that he wanted to be his best, not just for himself, but out of respect for Couture, who will be stepping into the UFC's octagon for the twenty-first time.

"That's for me and for Randy, so he knows that I'm coming along in this sport and that I've set goals and I'm moving forward for those goals," Vera noted. "So he'll understand that I'm not playing around anymore. But all the respect in the world has to go to him."

Vera noted that Couture's legendary status in the sport makes him more motivated to leave the cage with his hand raised this Saturday.

"He's [Couture] an ambassador for the sport," Vera said. "He's done his thing. He's a five-time world champion, that motivates me more to be him."

Vera faces Couture at UFC 105 in Manchester, England this Saturday night. The event will air for free on a tape-delay on Spike TV at 8PM ET.

F.L