Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Official Brett Hart returning to WWE news and discussion thread.

With alot of news being posted about Brett Hart returning to WWE by different people, I have made a thread that can have all the news and discussion in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by LionDen
    UPDATE:
    Source: PWI

We have gotten some email concerning an internet story (I don't know where it came from or I would cite the source) saying that Bret Hart has signed a four month contract with WWE, which would make him available to appear on the 1/4 Raw against TNA Impact. I talked to one person in WWE who told me that he heard though company channels that Bret would be in through WrestleMania but couldn't confirm it 100%. I have talked to a few people in WWE that have told me that they are under the impression that after having his name mentioned on Raw this week, they are moving forward as if he is coming in to work with WWE. So, while I can't confirm the story, I can tell you that my gut feeling is that Bret is on his way in to WWE.
    ------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Oui Maryse™
    According to a WWE source who would have full knowledge of the situation, Hart, 52, signed a short-term talent contract with WWE this past week covering the period from 1/1 to 4/10, or through WrestleMania and about two weeks after the 3/28 show at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ. Hart simply told us that he wasn’t going to lie about anything and thus wasn’t going to say anything on the story. It was said that Hart wanted his signing to be kept quiet and his return to be a surprise, but that WWE couldn’t help itself but all but announced it publicly on the first Raw after the ink was dry.

Sources who were let in on the plans for Hart were told he would actually be wrestling, perhaps only once, and had agreed to do an angle based off the Survivor Series of 1997. Keep in mind McMahon told people the same thing in 2006, but the difference is none of the prior talks ever reached the stage where a contract was signed and where an angle aspect of the return was started on television.

It is not confirmed Hart will guest host the Jan. 4 show in Dayton, but we do know he is currently not scheduled to appear prior to that date and the angle made it appear he would debut under the guise of a one-time only guest host appearance.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter & Galaxy & UD
    Quote Originally Posted by EeL
    According to a WWE source who would have full knowledge of the situation, Bret Hart has indeed signed a short-term talent contract with World Wrestling Entertainment,

The WWE Hall of Famer signed the this past week and it will cover the period from 1/1 to 4/10, or through WrestleMania and about two weeks after the 3/28 show at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ.

Hart simply told a reliable source that he wasn't going to lie about anything and thus wasn't going to comment on this story.

It was said that Hart wanted his signing to be kept quiet and his return to be a surprise, but that WWE couldn't help itself but all but announced it publicly on the first RAW after the ink was dry.

Source: TWO

honestly im probably the only one hoping he doesnt return because i hate bret hart.. never liked him never will.. i cant explain how much i enjoyed the montreal screw job.. if he does return to raw its cool ive officially quit watching raw until that guest host crap is over with .. guest host is killing raw week in week out and dennis miller was awful this week

I just want to see if he can work with Michaels without it turning into a bitch fight. No sir this ain't gone be no train wreck nope!

Ladies' Night

id dont like guest host idea any more ..its toooo much ,,plz shut this asap..

Ring Crew

as a huge hitman fan, i think this would be awesome. but on the other hand, i hated how he left wwe and his attitude towards the end. he became a huge prima donna, like hogan and savage towards the end. so i have mixed feelings about this. im a huge 80's hitman fan. i never watched him in wcw because i couldnt stand him then. and his book was so bitter. so i dont know what to think at this point. i guess its all up to him. he can either redeem himself or prove once and for all, he was a huge dick. i guess time will tell

This will definately be interesting, I am not a big Hitman fan but to see how the crowd reacts, how Hitman and Michaels react to each other will definately be interesting. I would love to see the contract to see if anything was written in it about what he can and can not say, especially about Vince.

UPDATE:
    Source: PWI

We have gotten some email concerning an internet story (I don't know where it came from or I would cite the source) saying that Bret Hart has signed a four month contract with WWE, which would make him available to appear on the 1/4 Raw against TNA Impact. I talked to one person in WWE who told me that he heard though company channels that Bret would be in through WrestleMania but couldn't confirm it 100%. I have talked to a few people in WWE that have told me that they are under the impression that after having his name mentioned on Raw this week, they are moving forward as if he is coming in to work with WWE. So, while I can't confirm the story, I can tell you that my gut feeling is that Bret is on his way in to WWE.

HBK vs Bret Hart one more time would be cool .

The Mac

it would never happen bret cant wrestle
    and i didnt find brets book all that bitter i think it was a good insight into the life of a pro wrestler
    and how it changed from the 80's through to the 90's and 00's

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

Bret Hart is awesome. It would be great to see how he does. I hope the thing with McMahon and HBK doesn't happen again. Also. keep crying but the Guest Host thing will stay for sometime. it's good for business and it was a very good move on WWE's part. Bret v Hogan for ratings would be great on Jan4 and even though Bret isn't as big as The Rock his history with McMahon will ensure that people tune in.

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast