Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How you doin Shane McMahon's Ass's Avatar

Exclamation Georges St-Pierre May Vacate UFC Welterweight Title For Olympics

After having dominated the UFC’s welterweight division for the past two years, division king Georges St-Pierre has said that he may vacate the title to pursue his Olympic ambitions. Fighters Only Magazine is reporting that the 28-year old may be taking a leave of absence from the UFC to possibly represent Canada at the 2012 Olympics in freestyle wrestling.

"I'm a good wrestler but if I wanted to do it, I would have to focus on wrestling and dedicate myself 100 per cent for a period of time. I would not retire now but if I decided to do it I would have to dedicate myself 100 percent I would say maybe for a year and a half or so,” he told Fighters Only.

St-Pierre currently trains with the Canadian Olympic wrestling team and says he needs to put in more training before he feels he would be ready to represent his country at the 2012 Olympic games.

“To tell you the truth, right now I don't have the level [of wrestling] that I need to do it,” he admitted. "If I go right now to do it, I'm going to lose. I'm not good enough right now to do it."

St-Pierre admits to having to talk to his sponsors and supporters before he makes his decision.

"I have a decision to take but I don't know if I'm ready to do it. I just need to think about it right now. I like new experiences and I like challenges. But it's something I need to sit down and think a little bit more before I make my decision," he said.

For now, the French-Canadian is slated to defend his title against Dan Hardy at UFC 111 on March 27, 2010. A bout between Frank Mir and Shane Carwin for the interim heavyweight title is scheduled for the event.

FL

If he does Koscheck will be tha next welterweight champ

The Mac

not kos wont get a shot he doesnt deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by macmichaud2 View Post
    not kos wont get a shot he doesnt deserve it
    Why doesn't he? Koscheck is one of the best in the division right now and he keeps getting better.

But this is still awhile away and who knows, GSP might not even be the champ by then, and other Welterweights may have moved into the top positions.

The Mac

haha kos is not the top at all he lost to alves and got knocked out by Paulo Thiago he is still a long way away from a shot i think kos should fight swick or saunders then remtch with alves and if he wins those a match with hughes if he wins all three then he may get a shot

i think your a hater lol Koscheak is awsome

The Mac

not a hater i face facts and kos doesnt deserve it he needs more victories over high profile opponents

The Mac

hey Pumphrey this fantasy world that you live in is there rides........ cuz anyone who thinks kos is the #1 contender
    must live in their own little make belief land

Quote Originally Posted by macmichaud2 View Post
    hey Pumphrey this fantasy world that you live in is there rides........ cuz anyone who thinks kos is the #1 contender
    must live in their own little make belief land
    Hope there's room for two in make-believe land, because I think the same thing, lol. Who would you suggest is the top contender in the Welterweight division?

The Mac

fitch deserves a second shot at gsp kos needs a few more wns to be considered a top contender.... when hughes refuses to fight u and says ur not worth his time u dont deserve a shot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast