Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    (< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

^^ I agree in much you say, though I can't say I agree in the ring-change. I'd admit that I actually likes a 4-sided ring better than a 6-sided ring, but that was TNA's gimmick and I felt they did good, and when a sudden change comes like that, I admit I lost some of my feelings for the company. My biggest problem is that Mick Foley's there and he will always be my favorite wrestler. I also like Daniels, Elijah Burke, Kurt Angle and Styles, so it would be dumb to drop it, but I made that decision, and maybe I did a mistake, dumping TNA so fast, but I feel that the only decent wrestling around are PWG, ROH and Chikara.

I'm a Reasonable Fan CarnivoreJ's Avatar

All of which have four sided rings, because they recognize that their talent wrestles best in a traditional ring, and they don't need the ring being more charismatic than their wooden roster (well except for Chikara they have a very charismatic roster...too bad they aren't as talented)

The worst thing about mainstream promotions like WWE and TNA these days are that everything they do is to make money, and that's why the wrestling in the shows becomes badder, because they center their promotions around posterboys that sells to the kids, like Cena.

I have to admit CarnivoreJ that your post makes a ton of sense. Very well thought out. Just about every point you made is a good one and is truth instead of opinion. The biggest issue in TNA that you brought up is that Hogan and Bischoff don't seem to be looking at the roster from the right perspective. They would just as soon stand behind a guy they know and are familiar with than work with the new younger talent that has a lot more to offer. A lot of great changes have been made. I just don't see a positive future for TNA if they don't get their minds straight.

What I don't understand with the wrestlingbusiness now a days are that they keep pushing all the old guys. Misunderstand me right, I like some of the old guys, and some of them still manage to pull off some great matches and can easily put over younger guys, but they have to try new superstars.
    No promotion wanted HBK back in the days when he started to wrestle, but suddenly people realized that he would be one of the greatest men in the business, and a legend!
    I see many new guys who will be talked about as legends in the future, the only problem is that they don't get pushed.

Travicity

Lot more to good wrestling than ROH/Chikara and PWG dude. ROH's not as good as it used to be.

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

will u stop it witrh RoH, PWG etc. They are never gonna go big. Coming back to the rant I somewhat agree with ur opinions on the ring. TNA and Russo have always had a lotta gimmicks and that ring was kind of a symbol of that. I am not a huge fan on the ramp leading straight to the ring ala CMLL that's just stupid but then again Hogan,Nash,Flair al have bad knees so I understand But yeah it looks stupid I mean Beautiful People get off the ramp halfway and go to the other side for their entrance when it would be easier to do the ass-shaking and kiss-teasing entering from the ramp itself. I also agree on the favouritism part its really dumb and storyline stealing was the last thing we need. i wastched some of Genesis this past week and I gotta admit I kinda like it but then again this is a work in progress Hogan and Eric are building from scratch so give them a chance. Also they need to get rid off Knobbs and Sags ASAP

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

^^ Who said that ROH or PWG will be big? It's not important as long as they give the fans decent wrestling!

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

It doesn't matter what they provide to their 100 odd fans they don't have mass appeal something that TNA and WWE have

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

^^ Because WWE and TNA's fanbase are kids! Most of the roster in WWE and TNA can't even wrestle

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast