Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I'm a Reasonable Fan CarnivoreJ's Avatar

Great wrestlers are more than just a varied moveset. Also many of WWE's roster CAN pull off a lot more moves than they do, but they are limited by the management, CM Punk being a shining example.

Also TNA wrestlers often use wide and varied movesets, for instance the Dinero vs Wolfe match at Genesis, and the matches with Styles and Angle...I think there may be some bias against TNA in the conversation here, and I know why, but I think you should just give it up and watch TNA again.

And to Travis, it was NOT McMahon that brought in storylines. In fact storylines hve played a big part in wrestling since it started being televised. Go watch the Flair/Harley Race feud from the eighties...that was a storyline. In fact NWA used a lot of storylines. Vince shifted the focus to more cartoon-like characters, and he certainly ruined many great talents with his silly gimmicks...but he did more to make it like a comic book, it was a soap opera long before Vince Jr. got ahold of it. If you disagree I dare you to try and prove it.
    Last edited by CarnivoreJ; 02-04-2010 at 06:52 AM.

Travicity

Not quite sure who you are but still I know that there were storylines around obviously they're were. But Vince did ridiculous storylines and angles death angles and apparently cancer and incest angles why do that when you could do a Race/Flair normal storyline. But he even said he took it from the Rasslin of men watching it basically made it pg and sports entertainment that's what I don't like about it.

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

well you need storylines to bring people in othewise amateur wrestling would have been massive thats what makes pro wrestling what it is. As for incest etc I am surprise you say that because ur the one who loved ECW

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

^^ What have incest to do with ECW??

And you are wrong. Wrestling doesn't need storylines to draw people. And have you ever been to a the olympics? There are quite many people who watches olympic wrestling dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    Not quite sure who you are but still I know that there were storylines around obviously they're were. But Vince did ridiculous storylines and angles death angles and apparently cancer and incest angles why do that when you could do a Race/Flair normal storyline. But he even said he took it from the Rasslin of men watching it basically made it pg and sports entertainment that's what I don't like about it.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I saw in another forum that your favorite era of wrestling was the Attitude era? And if Bergkamp is right you loved the original ECW...there haven't been that many trashy and ridiculous storylines, like incest, necrophilia, pregnancy, etc. since that era of wrestling and it was mostly started by Paul Heyman. It would be somewhat ridiculous to say you hate the soap opera drama of the WWE now if you loved the storylines of that era of wrestling.

Also what about the Dusty Rhodes/Tully Blanchard feud over Babydoll...that was a lot like a soap opera...not Vince. We could delve deeply into past wrestling storylines I'm just pointing out the fallacy in the logic that Vince created soap opera like drama in the wrestling world. I will reiterate the fact that I think he did ruin good professional wrestling with his cartoon character kid-friendly gimmicks. He took a lot of awesome performers from the AWA, UWF (or Mid-South), NWA, and many other regional promotions and turned them into caricatures that were barely watchable by the legit fan. But on the flip-side of that he made it main stream and is probably the sole reason wrestling is still such a force today...so I can't really hate a man for his obvious mistakes when he has preserved the form of entertainment I enjoy the most.

and I am just a newbie. I found this site through someones signature banner on another forum.

Travicity

I didnt love the original ECW and yes I did like the WWF Attitude era and can't mention other places here. I don't like ECW really no and I think I may know you but what annoy's me about him is the face he calls it sports entertainment. He calls them Diva's and Superstar's they barely mention the world wrestling except for there Initial. It's like they cheated there way to the top calling it something else and I don't mind the average storyline now and then. Just that i'm a fan of the in ring action rather than the other stuff. I mean 15 minutes of wrestling on a 2 hour show? Storylines like Hornswoggle/Chavo is jsut the lowest form of entertainment. Vince doing an angle of himself dying your telling me they can't do anything else. Giving away money for ratings?

But i only watch some tna and wwe not a diehard fan im happy with just the in ring pro wrestling that I watch elsewhere that I don't get much on tv and im fine about it. But back then in the attitude era that was really only the thing I knew about at that point so you could say I was dumb and fine with it all but as time went along found other places and became a fan of in ring action insetad of everything else. But anyway can we now argue and anyway welcome to the forum.

Well thanks for the welcome, and I don't think we disagree too much, except that I enjoy WWE a lot despite some of the silliness. And I am not as jaded about the in ring product they do produce.

Travicity

Well it's a shame it couldnt be a little more wrestling then I would pick Vince over TNA lol and there's storyline's as of late arent that bad regardless of some of there champions.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456