Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Ring Crew

Default HOGAN vs STING: Why the match will happen again

I remember when Hulk Hogan joined WCW in 1994. One of the key things I was wondering about was how the previous biggest face and frachise player Sting would react to it. Hogan was doing an interview and Sting came out and like a gentleman welcomed Hogan to WCW. However, I could see the fire in the young man' s eyes and I knew sooner or later that he wanted a piece of Hogan.

For some reason the date November 20th, 1995 sticks out in my mind. It was first time in ever that Sting met Hogan in the ring. If Hogan and Warrior from Wrestlemania was a 10 out of 10 well this one for me had to be at least an 8. It was a great dream match but unfortunately was broken up the Dungeon of Doom but still an epic encounter.

Decemeber 1997, Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs Sting. It made me sick that PWI was calling this encounter, match of the century, not because it was bad but I was so WWE bias back then. It was a masterfully build encounter though. For over a year Sting was in the rafters never saying two words and when he finally came down to take on Hulk Hogan it was magic.
    Unfortanely, they're encounter fell short in the eyes of most but no one can deny the fans were so hyped for that fight.

And now to the present day, as Sting just a few weeks ago was contemplating retirement and in walks Hulk Hogan into TNA.
    TNA fans are split. Some think Hogan is great for TNA and some think he will eventually bring it down. Sting, once again silent and in the rafters much like the rest of us are just ing waiting to see how the Hogan Bishoff Regime will turn out. I think whether or not Hogan has been better or worse for TNA, Sting will come down the rafters on a rope, point a bat at Hogan and he will have to answer for his sins. And BROTHER when that happens that is going to blow the roof right off of TNA. Can you imagine that? I can hear Mike Tenay and Taz right now "The biggest match in the history of TNA, Sting returns to take on Hulk Hogan in his TNA in ring debut at the main event for Bound for Glory!!" I believe it's just a matter of time, that fate will have these two placed together in another great feud. If I had to describe why Sting vs Hulk Hogan will happen again in one word that word would be,
    "destiny."
    Last edited by ScottyShowman; 02-11-2010 at 09:44 AM.

I would certainly watch it.
    Professional wrestling, not Sports Entertainment. I want the 1980s to come back. Best time ever to be a pro wrestling fan. WWF, NWA/JCP, AWA, WCCW, what more could you ask for?

The sexy mama in my avatar is Alicia Keys. YUMMY! C'est ca j'aime!

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

It will happen again because Hogan lost the last time

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

two people I dont like I at all count me out

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

Mid-carder

i usally don't watch tna especally since hogan took over but for that match i would watch teh setup and the after efffect because sting is the only reason i spoil it and tune in to tna