Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rockgod2010 View Post
    what about bret the hitman hart's dad
    He'll be inducted, probably at the last minute... due to the storyline going on between Vince and Bret.

Thumbs up Surprising WWE Hall of Fame inductee revealed

MLB great Bob Uecker, who appeared at Wrestlemania 3 and 4, is scheduled to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the company has wanted to induct Uecker for years, but his broadcasting schedule with the Milwaukee Brewers has always conflicted with the ceremony.

"It's going to be a hoot," Uecker stated. To read the story, visit JSOnline.com.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Default Hillbilly Jim in HOF?

There was talk of inducting Hillbilly Jim into this year's WWE Hall of Fame class.

*** Source: Ewrestlingnews ***

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Default Ultimate Warrior HOF Problems

As rumored earlier, Ultimate Warrior apparently pulled out of this year's 2010 WWE Hall of Fame over the payday he was set to receive from WWE and the terms of the non-compete clause. Most WWE Hall of Famers get $5,000 along with a ring, although that number may be different for other bigger names. The belief is that Warrior was getting paid much more since this year was being designed to be built around him.

*** Source: Ewrestlingnews ***

thanks for the post mark
    EYES OF THE INSANE

WWE sent out the following press release today:

Gorgeous George Enters Hall of Fame

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--World Wrestling Entertainment® (NYSE: WWE) today announced that Gorgeous George, the man often credited with creating American pop culture and who set the standard for future WWE Superstars and influenced such greats as Muhammad Ali, James Brown and Bob Dylan, will be inducted into the WWE® Hall of Fame on March 27, 2010. His 96 year-old former wife, Betty Wagner will accept the honor on his behalf. The Hall of Fame ceremony will be broadcast that night on USA Network at 11 PM ET from the Dodge Theater in Phoenix, Arizona.

"Gorgeous George's was a pop-culture innovator who took risks pushing the social envelope and did things that no other performer had ever dared to do," said CEO and Chairman Vince McMahon. "He was a cultural tour-de-force who set the standard that many in the world of sports and entertainment still emulate today."

The significance of Gorgeous George's legacy led WWE Studios to option the rights to his story for a major motion picture slated to begin production in 1Q 2011.

Muhammad Ali, whose notorious boastful and arrogant style derived from George, stated, "I made up my mind after meeting Gorgeous George to make people angry at me...I saw 15,000 people comin' to see this man get beat. And his talking did it. I said this is a good idea."

Bob Dylan, the music poet, said, "A mighty spirit. Crossing paths with Gorgeous George, was all the recognition and encouragement I would need for years to come."

Gorgeous George, born George Wagner, single-handedly changed the dynamics of not only wrestling, but entertainment and sports in the 1940s-1950s. His character was an arrogant aristocrat dressed in silk, lace and chiffon robes who spoke in a braggadocio style, often referring to himself as "The Toast of the Coast" and "The Sensation of the Nation." Audiences around the country came to see Gorgeous George perform live, and tuned their TV sets in to see what he would say or do next, making Gorgeous George one of the biggest celebrities of his day, and an influence on pop culture for generations to come. As popular as Lucille Ball and Bob Hope, media observers believe more Americans purchased televisions to watch Gorgeous George perform than to see Milton Berle.

Others to be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame on March 27 include Ted "The Million Dollar Man" DiBiase Sr., former Women's Champion Wendi Richter, Maurice "Mad Dog" Vachon and Japanese legend Antonio Inoki.

I'd expect an announcement tonight on RAW.

I completely support Gorgeous George being inducted into the Hall of Fame. He really completely changed the wrestling business.

During the contract signing between Bret Hart and Vince McMahon, Steve Austin, using his power as "Guest Host" overruled McMahon's declaration that Stu Hart would not be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, so Stu is confirmed officially for 2010's Class.

PWI

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." - Coco Chanel

EeL: I love you Kellie with all my heart and soul
    EeL: if I had to choose between one last gasp of oxygen or Kellie, I'd choose Kellie

Super Klawz: I LOVE YOU KELLIE!

PheTravenal: but I love you

PheTravenal: piss off!!!
    Kellie: You would miss me!!!!!
    PheTravenal: yes.

EeL: I love you more than Randy Orton's glistening abs

The Black Wings of Death: <3 you Kellie
    The Black Wings of Death: You are awesome Kellie

4033: YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wonder how many idiots this year will chant one more match at gorgeous george even though he has been dead..like they did verne gagne who was like 90 years old

Default WWE Confirms Final 2010 Hall of Fame Class Member

WWE issued the following press release:

MR. BASEBALL BOB EUCKER ENTERING WWE HALL OF FAME

STAMFORD, Conn. – World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE: WWE) today announced that baseball legend Robert "Bob" Uecker will be "in the front row" when he is inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. Uecker will be inducted by Dick Ebersol, Chairman, NBC Universal Sports & Olympics, at the 2010 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony at the Dodge Theater in Phoenix, Arizona this Saturday. The ceremony will run on USA Network at 11 PM ET.

Bob Uecker, affectionately known as "Mr. Baseball," has a long and glorious history at WrestleMania. While best known for his work as the radio play-by-play announcer for the Milwaukee Brewers and his numerous acting credits, he participated in two WrestleManias. In 1987, Uecker appeared as a ringside announcer at WrestleMania III at the Pontiac Silverdome and the next year, Uecker was the backstage interviewer at WrestleMania IV at Trump Plaza in Atlantic City.

"Bob Uecker cemented his place in WWE history with his appearances at WrestleMania III and IV," said Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon. "Seeing the huge hands of WWE Hall of Famer Andre the Giant around Uecker’s neck is a clip that became immortalized in pop culture history."

Uecker made his major league debut as a catcher with the Milwaukee Braves in 1962. Uecker also played for the St. Louis Cardinals and won the World Series with the club in 1964. After retiring as a player, Uecker returned to Milwaukee. In 1971, he began calling play-by-play for the Milwaukee Brewers radio broadcasts, a position he holds to this day. Uecker also played the part of "George Owens" on the television sitcom, Mr. Belvedere and play-by-play announcer "Harry Doyle" in the Major League film series.

Others to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on March 27, as part of WrestleMania week, include pop culture icon Gorgeous George, Ted “The Million Dollar Man” DiBiase Sr., former Women’s Champion Wendi Richter, Maurice “Mad Dog” Vachon, Stu Hart and Japanese legend Antonio Inoki.

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." - Coco Chanel

EeL: I love you Kellie with all my heart and soul
    EeL: if I had to choose between one last gasp of oxygen or Kellie, I'd choose Kellie

Super Klawz: I LOVE YOU KELLIE!

PheTravenal: but I love you

PheTravenal: piss off!!!
    Kellie: You would miss me!!!!!
    PheTravenal: yes.

EeL: I love you more than Randy Orton's glistening abs

The Black Wings of Death: <3 you Kellie
    The Black Wings of Death: You are awesome Kellie

4033: YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast