Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

Default Beckham's World Cup dreams over

David Beckham has been ruled out of the World Cup after tearing his Achilles tendon during AC Milan's Serie A game with Chievo.

Beckham sustained the injury without coming into contact with anyone else, limping to the sidelines for treatment in a match Milan went on to win 1-0.

Milan coach Leonardo said after the game: "Beckham's injury makes us feel terrible.

"He is an extraordinary guy and Sunday's game proves it yet again.

"I cannot enjoy this evening considering this serious injury.

"David understood immediately that he had torn his Achilles tendon."

The news will come as a devastating blow to Beckham who was hoping to become the first player to appear for England in four World Cup finals.

He will now miss the showpiece in South Africa while there must also be doubts over his career.

The 34-year-old recently joined Milan for a second loan spell from the Los Angeles Galaxy in a bid to prove his fitness to England boss Fabio Capello.

Now would be a good time to retire

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

^agreed, retire at least from international football. Euro 2012 would mean he would be 36 and i think it'd be selfish of him to try and keep a place in the team if hes that old. But from club football I reckon his days are done too. Once he got married to Posh Spice in '99 his career declined in football imo, he had great matches still after that don't get me wrong but lost quite a bit of potential. He went from one of the best midfielder's in the world to a very good midfielder (which is quite a drop if you think of how many 'very good' midfielders there are)

Capello said he would like David Beckham for the qualifiers later this year. However the operation was very successful and the surgeon reckons he can easily play at the top level but that remains to be seen. Of course I would like to see him play for England again but atm I dont think he will and his career in the top levels may be over but his footballing career not yet.
    Upside Down means I'm better than you
    :paj::mod:
    Disclaimer: Had to blow Admins for Upside Down.
    I'm not a troll...I just play one on the Internet.