Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Swinny View Post
    I never said it was going to "be the last straw that puts TNA over" I said that situations like this may allow for TNA to gain more viewers and possibly come close to competing with WWE.
    And I never said you specifically did, was speaking more in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Swinny View Post
    I do agree with your point about concussions though and the betterment of wrestlers' careers... but I really don't think chair shots were that major of a deal when it comes to that anyway, but people who know nothing about wrestling automatically assume that's the entire problem.
    Yup, exactly my point. Chairshots to the head mean absolutely dick when it comes to concussions, especially considering 90% of the time the person receiving the headshot puts an arm up to soften the blow. This is just a case of WWE covering their asses.. I can't blame them for that.

I just find it funny that people see "chairshots" as an important part of wrestling, if you wanna see a chairshot watch two drunk idiots fight at some sporting event
    The Eel Collection
    [Today 03:41 PM] EeL: can you touch yourself for me please
    [Today 06:27 PM] EeL: I was hoping you'd be a perfectly tanned muscle head!
    [Today 05:10 PM] EeL: I wish I could meet Bam Neely just to touch his beard
    [Today 10:57 PM] EeL: now I just need Rob in here to give him my special chocolate bar
    [Today 09:16 PM] EeL: gay tackle! yay! I love those
    [Today 09:47 PM] EeL: jacking off, I'm down for that
    You Have My Bow

[Today 03:16 PM] Punisher: Rob aint got shit on you

Has everyone noticed that as soon as Linda decided to run for the Senate the WWE has slowly sucked more and more. This has nothing to do with WWE covering their asses and more and more with helping Linda get into office.

Jobber

sorry...see my other post
    Last edited by gguru; 03-18-2010 at 05:13 AM. Reason: mistake

Jobber

Quote Originally Posted by rj DESIGNS View Post
    Ok as stupid as this may be, anybody who thinks this is some kind of "last straw" that will put TNA over needs to get their head checked. Also, it makes sense really, concussions are a huge issue in sports right now. Now, even though chair shots to the head aren't the leading cause of concussions, (flying cross bodies are believe it or not) if a case were to be brought upon WWE down the road, one of the first things that will get mentioned is chair shots to the head. WWE is basically saving their asses on this one. To me, I'd rather see a wrestler perform longer then end his career earlier due to an injury or repeated injuries from some of the crazy shit they do. Don't get me wrong, the PG aspect of WWE needs to go, but I have no problem with them toning some of the stuff down for the betterment of the wrestlers and their health.
    I agree with your assessment completely. How many concussions did they say Chris Benoit had in his life before everything happened? How many wrestlers have ended careers early due to them? Head impacts that result in concussions have proven to cause so many mental issues that it is not even funny. That's the reason Kurt Warner retired this year...he had a nasty concussion and decided that the risks outweighed the benefits of staying in the NFL. I am personally glad that they are gone and am interested in seeing more scientific wrestling, like the stuff Brian Danielson does. As far as TNA goes, their best stuff is in the X-Division (AJ included) and not the heavyweights bringing weapons into the ring (Sting included -- I remember when face or heel, he could take it to them without weapons, convincingly).

and the UFC are banning kicking and punching lol i have been a WWE fan and wrestling fan for over 15 years now and iv come to the conclusion that WWE isn`t for me anymore....(and not because of this chair ban to the head) i just feel that WWE is not targeted for my age group its for the younger generation now... and there is nothing wrong with that,it just means il have to look elsewhere for wrestling....i just hope TNA can improve...in the mean time its UFC for me

Main Eventer

Sure, chair shots to the head are dangerous because from time to time something goes wrong...BUT: it has been a huge part of feuds and storylines.

Just "lame Linda" is going for senat, they change their product. Would be interesting if someone who's the president of a weapon company will change the direction of his company too when running for senat??

Can imagine to lough when heel Batista attacks Cena with a chair and doesn't try to strike him in the head..."just" in the back....

how ironic would it be if Linda lost and this PG thing was for nothing. Not just that but he lost he key fan base and millions of dollars only to have his wife lose.

Quote Originally Posted by legolas
    I just find it funny that people see "chairshots" as an important part of wrestling, if you wanna see a chairshot watch two drunk idiots fight at some sporting event
    I dont think that chair are so important in wrestling. It jsut takes away from some aspect that I loved so much. Its taking away from my memories, and pushing me out of their market. It is really for kids now that why I am done with WWE

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

I don't see any issue with chairshots as long as the wrestlers protect themselves. If you ask me, the WWE is taking this damn PG rating issue too damn far, and they are absolutely ruining their product. I didn't think I would say this, but I might stop watching WWE if this continues.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast