Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default WWE Bans Useage Of Chairs To The Head!

A report by the Hartford Courtant revealed that World Wrestling Entertainment officially banned chair shots to the head at the onset of 2010.
    The article stemmed from the ongoing political warfare in Connecticut stemming from Linda McMahon's campaign to become Senator. One of McMahon's political rivals, Rob Simmons, who has been taking shots at McMahon's campaign being based around her background running World Wrestling Entertainment, questioned whether McMahon would testify at a local education committee about preventing and treating concussions among High School athletes.

In researching the article, writer Daniela Altimari received the following email from WWE spokesperson Robert Zimmerman:

"In January 2010, WWE amended its Talent Wellness Program, specifically regarding the ImPACT™ Concussion Management Program originally instituted in 2008, eliminating the use of folding chairs or props to "strike" an opponent in the head. Prior to this policy change, The Tables, Ladders and Chairs event in question took place on December 13, 2009. "Incidentally, no performer suffered a concussion during the TLC event."

The company's concussion program features annual examinations of talents as well as evaluations of whether they can return to active competition following head trauma.

The verbiage involving chair shots reads as follows:

*The WWE has eliminated using folding metal chairs to "strike" an opponent in the head.

*The WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension the following:

-The intentional use of a folding metal chair to "strike" an opponent in the head.

-Any blow to the head that is deemed an INTENTIONAL act.

*The fine and/or suspension will be directed by the EVP of Talent Relations.

vince is taking the fun out of wrestling even more now
    EYES OF THE INSANE

This is ridiculous. If shit like this keeps up, TNA really may have a shot at competing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swinny View Post
    This is ridiculous. If shit like this keeps up, TNA really may have a shot at competing.
    The more violence the more ratings . its comman sense.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

You gotta be fu**ing kidding me!??!?!

WWE aint wrestling anymore!

Ring Crew

wow

yup thats it F*** WWE forever

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

Wow. There's nothing else to say.

Ok as stupid as this may be, anybody who thinks this is some kind of "last straw" that will put TNA over needs to get their head checked. Also, it makes sense really, concussions are a huge issue in sports right now. Now, even though chair shots to the head aren't the leading cause of concussions, (flying cross bodies are believe it or not) if a case were to be brought upon WWE down the road, one of the first things that will get mentioned is chair shots to the head. WWE is basically saving their asses on this one. To me, I'd rather see a wrestler perform longer then end his career earlier due to an injury or repeated injuries from some of the crazy shit they do. Don't get me wrong, the PG aspect of WWE needs to go, but I have no problem with them toning some of the stuff down for the betterment of the wrestlers and their health.

Quote Originally Posted by rj DESIGNS View Post
    Ok as stupid as this may be, anybody who thinks this is some kind of "last straw" that will put TNA over needs to get their head checked. Also, it makes sense really, concussions are a huge issue in sports right now. Now, even though chair shots to the head aren't the leading cause of concussions, (flying cross bodies are believe it or not) if a case were to be brought upon WWE down the road, one of the first things that will get mentioned is chair shots to the head. WWE is basically saving their asses on this one. To me, I'd rather see a wrestler perform longer then end his career earlier due to an injury or repeated injuries from some of the crazy shit they do. Don't get me wrong, the PG aspect of WWE needs to go, but I have no problem with them toning some of the stuff down for the betterment of the wrestlers and their health.
    I never said it was going to "be the last straw that puts TNA over" I said that situations like this may allow for TNA to gain more viewers and possibly come close to competing with WWE.

Face it, wrestling fans love their chair shots and more than likely if WWE isn't going to give it to them, TNA will and although it may seem like a small issue, that, combined with a few other things could make a difference as far as this "war" is concerned.

Do I think this will lead to TNA surpassing, or even coming very close to WWE in the ratings? No, but it'll probably help nonetheless.

I do agree with your point about concussions though and the betterment of wrestlers' careers... but I really don't think chair shots were that major of a deal when it comes to that anyway, but people who know nothing about wrestling automatically assume that's the entire problem.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast