Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Vince McMahon Rips TNA's Style of Wrestling

Speaking to Acorn Online, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon rips TNA for its struggle to make any sort of impact in the ongoing "Monday Night War" with his company's RAW telecast.

Notably, McMahon explains that TNA offers a dated product--"pro wrasslin'"--that is not compatible with the expectations of the modern WWE fan.

"We’re in different businesses," says McMahon. "We’re in the entertainment business and they’re in the ‘pro wrasslin’ business. It’s different markets. When they moved to Monday nights they threw the kitchen sink at us and only did a fraction of our audience. It doesn’t speak well for the type of product they’re trying to present with the tawdry, blood-soaked action. I don’t think that’s what the culture wants these days.”

McMahon adds that his company, which is "woven into the fabric of America," represents a true family affair.

Says McMahon, "If you look at the audience for our live events you will see fathers and sons and mothers and sons and brothers and sisters. This is something an entire family can go out and enjoy together. It’s a lot like baseball in that respect."

IW

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." - Coco Chanel

EeL: I love you Kellie with all my heart and soul
    EeL: if I had to choose between one last gasp of oxygen or Kellie, I'd choose Kellie

Super Klawz: I LOVE YOU KELLIE!

PheTravenal: but I love you

PheTravenal: piss off!!!
    Kellie: You would miss me!!!!!
    PheTravenal: yes.

EeL: I love you more than Randy Orton's glistening abs

The Black Wings of Death: <3 you Kellie
    The Black Wings of Death: You are awesome Kellie

4033: YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the bench!

When he stops pushing to WM, & they can decide whether to do Thursday replays or not (& esp. after the draft/roster changes), we'll see who truly wins.

Travicity

So people still think that WWE is the best wrestling in the world when he even admitted they're in two different lists. Sports Entertainment and Pro Wrestling. Surely proving that fans of WWE arent fans of WRESTLING. He admitted it. It's anooying when people say they're the best when technically they cheated there way to the top not using completely wrestling. Which is sad so is shows there are actually far less actual wrestling fans in the world

On the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    So people still think that WWE is the best wrestling in the world when he even admitted they're in two different lists. Sports Entertainment and Pro Wrestling. Surely proving that fans of WWE arent fans of WRESTLING. He admitted it.
    Bullcrap; All he admitted in that interview (a few differnet times & ways) is he doesn't know much (if anything) about his audience.

Besides; Let's be honest, & admit TNA isn't wrestling either. They started in Nashville (N) Tennessee (T)... It's all so they could be "TNA". (Say it out loud if you must), which thy continued by pushing their Knockouts before the women ever had a belt. (Always have gotten the highest ratings of the show.)

It's anooying when people say they're the best when technically they cheated there way to the top not using completely wrestling.
    Meaning what? They use mics & storylines too? Yeah... Well, if I don't care about the man &/or what's happened/been said to him; Also a large reason most feuds are repeated &/or several matches long.

Travicity

Im sorry got a little excited there lol.

But they are on two different lists. Pro Wrestling and Sports Entertainment. It's just annoying when people say ROH is boring when ROH is Pro Wrestling. I mean he makes great point's. If you don't like ROH that's fine but if you find there product boring which is WRESTLING then surely your a fan of sports entertainment and prefer that to actual wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie View Post
    Says McMahon, "If you look at the audience for our live events you will see fathers and sons and mothers and sons and brothers and sisters. This is something an entire family can go out and enjoy together. It’s a lot like baseball in that respect."
    Yes, a baseball game, where men wear tights, women wear a lot less, and they beat the living shit out of one another.

Yep, just like baseball.

On the bench!

It's just annoying when people say ROH is boring when ROH is Pro Wrestling.
    Must admit to being confused; It's annoying when people say it's boring b/c it's... Boring. Yes, I admit they are on different lists, wrestling & sports entertainment. But ROH could be both, outside of the fact it's not that entertaining.

Before you ask me to watch some ROH, I admit I am sitting feet away from my ROH DVDS: Best Of, Bloodstained, Greatest Rivalries, & Stars of Honor. I also admit, however, to buying each of those b/c they included stars (current &/or past) of TNA & WWE. I admit the fact they have little mic work involving the wrestlers (w/the possible exception of CM Punk). You wanna know why I have no problem with that? B/c I'm only watching 1 match. If I had the ability, & decided to watch ROH's show on HDNet, I think that before WWE's next post-Mania PPV, I will/would have killed myself.

I mean he makes great point's. If you don't like ROH that's fine but if you find there product boring which is WRESTLING then surely your a fan of sports entertainment and prefer that to actual wrestling.
    You can't be a fan of both?

Vince should remember he got his fan base (including the fathers who bring their young children) from being in the wrassling business. Vince should also remember that fathersuse to bring their children etc to the shows before they went PG, he is not clued in to nothing, he has just changed how the WWE does business, in a way.

Vince should also admit that the WWE has changed alot because his wife is trying to get a very high political position and all the WWE wrassling business was falling back into her lap with people asking questions aout the violence etc.

On the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by LionDen View Post
    Vince should remember he got his fan base (including the fathers who bring their young children) from being in the wrassling business. Vince should also remember that fathersuse to bring their children etc to the shows before they went PG, he is not clued in to nothing, he has just changed how the WWE does business, in a way.

Vince should also admit that the WWE has changed alot because his wife is trying to get a very high political position and all the WWE wrassling business was falling back into her lap with people asking questions aout the violence etc.
    He won't remember that stuff about being in the wrassling biz; He's been denying it since the original Monday Wars, if not before.

Also, I can see why they wanted to watch portrayal of women, etc. due to Linda's aspirations. But wiping-off blood during a PPV?!

Oh shut up Vince. Your "PG" rating is why I watch TNA every Monday...because they got the balls to say ass, damn, pissed. Or show some blood, that is why people go see it...or atleast me. Wish the Attitude era would come back to WWE...until it does...TNA will get my viewing every Monday Night!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast