Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Mac

Default a UFC first occured saturday

For the first time since Zuffa bought the ufc Dana White refused
    to congragulate or put the title on one of his champions hopefully the
    message gets through to silva that he has to stop screwing around and
    end these fights. at one point silva was the concensus pound for pound fighter
    but now i would have to drop him behind GSP, BJ Penn, Brock Lesner and probably even Lyoto Machida
    he only beat Cote cuz Cote was injured before the fight and tried to fight anyway.... he had a horrible boring performance against thales leites, a fight that caused leites to get released. yes silva was being smart by not going to the ground against leites but a champion of his supposed caliber should be comfortable in any situation
    and silva tricked us all by that great fight with griffin, i thought the old silva was back and then he layed that terrible performance on saturday if i was dana i would strip silva of his title and let him move up to 205 he just seems bored at middleweight and maybe thats why he is putting on these things he calls fights but most people use as napping material

I do agree that he is probably bored at middleweight and 205 would be awsome but id think you went a little far by dropping him down the ranks for p4p i mean he is defanetley p4p better than lesnar lol I believe he is better than Lyoto,Penn and GSP too. I also think he would of eventually caught Cote and put him away even tho anything could happen. U say a champ of his caliber should be comfortable in any situation. Now thats bs he is just fighting smart doing what he wants to do and what he is best in the world at which is standing up. I like GSP but you could say the same thing about GSP and his constant takedowns like shouldnt a champ of his caliber stand up more. We dont because he is doing what he is good at fighting Hardy he didnt want too take the chance of getting ko"d . Same thing with Silva he didnt want too take the chance of getting submitted againt Leites or Mia. Even tho GSP and Silva can hold there own in those positions. but if we dnt run or mouths about GSP why do it to Silva. He did showboat and even act just silly which is all fair game but dnt critisize his skills. I thnk the reason ppl are so hard on Anderson and not GSP is because we expect alote from him and we put a bunch of pressure on him to go out there and do awsome things like in the Forrest and Franklin fights everytime. We have too understand that moments like that are special. Even tho the Mia fight did suck he is still p4p king IMO because he has had a few unentertaining fights doesnt take away from his skills, what he has done and what he is capable of doing. So yeaaa haha

The Mac

wow another list of opinions with very little facts to back up the mouth
    silva is definetly below gsp, bj and machida he might be in front of brock but thats it
    and there is a difference between fighting where ur comfortable and refusing to engage
    if gsp gets the guy down he still is active trying to pass and ground and pound or submission
    if the guy get up gsp strikes when he needs to he's always doing something where if u dont
    fight silva's way he just ignores u and runs around and hides in the corner
    dana should just strip him of the belt already

Yea he should strip the most talented guy he has of his belt lol and how did i not give facts . I dnt even think you know what your talking about. BJ penn is great but he aint no Anderson Silva niether is GSP your basing your entire opinion off two fights . I think your more of a wrestling fan and u wondered into the wrong thread. and IMO the reason GSP takes his fights to the ground is because he knows he doest got a great chin. and his ground and pound isnt that impressive he only hit hardy with like 10 solid punches the whole fight. and he did not trying to improve postition thats why the ref kept standing them up . i agree anderson was unexiting in the Mia fight but the first two rounds of that fight were more imressive than GSPs failed submissions

The Mac

i've watched every ufc since #1 so maybe u got into a discussion that u know ur wrong
    and now ur trying to cover ur own ass. im basing my opinion on every fight silva has done at middleweight since the franklin fight
    he started struggling against lutter, stunk the place out against cote, leites and refused to engage with maia
    and u thinking silva is the best is just as bad as u saying koscheck is the #1 contender for gsp its ridiclous there r no other champions that
    r at risk for losing there license or being put on the prelims for the next title fight only silva dana white has said that he is considering
    putting silva's next title defense on the prelims and will only show it if the fight is good... u dont see him saying that about bj (well now its edgar)
    or gsp, lesner, machida. silva has started to believe his own hype and needs to be taken down a few pegs
    same goes for u

U dnt know me man and i dnt know u so we should quit with the insultes. i think that if koscheck wins his next fight he will be the 1 contender and will do better than Hardy as for Anderson im gonna argree to disagree with u because were all just stating our own opinions theres no reason to argue over it lol

The Mac

then you shouldnt get all worked up over stupid stuff
    calm down

The Mac

and kos needs a few more wins to get the shot prob fight alves or fitch and hughes and then he might get a shot if he dominates both

i dnt think hughes is in the title hunt just because i dnt think he cares to be champ anymore

Silva shouldnt be dropped down, so what he put on a bad, embarrassing performance, but the fact remains that he is that good that he can clown around and still get a unanimous decision, as much as I love GSP Silva is still the pound for pound king

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1