Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

AJ Styles was really still building momentum as champ, now was not the time to take the title off him.

As much as I love RVD, I would rather Styles have had a longer title reign, but to ditch Flair somewhere along the way, because as soon as Flair was in AJ's corner, TAN made it seem that AJ was not capable of winning a match, without his interference...

The Mac

they prob would have done the old
    student vs mentor thing
    with styles attacking flair but flair wins eventually
    and that woulda been stupid

He's pissed cause he dropped it to a guy that hasn't proven a thing (on the mic, or in the ring) at TNA yet. Again, WWE has-been enters TNA, get's belt (for what will be a short while), and then give it a few months and he'll be midcard-BS title contender (just in the match, not actually ever really in contention; IE: christian in his final months at TNA). I hope I'm wrong, cause dude is entertaining; but I'm not, and you'll see

The Mac

rvd didnt deserve the title and i think thats the thing that
    angers aj the most if he was asked to lose to someone who
    has paid his dues in tna he woulda dropped it no questions asked
    instead he was asked to drop it to rvd who is a mid carder at best
    and there was no build up no thought proccess behind it
    it reminds me of wcw were they made the show up as they went along
    rvd was a big star in the late 90's early 00's but nowadays he is not championship material
    hopefully he will drop it either back to aj soon or maybe to another higher caliber wrestler
    (sting,jarrett,abyss,angle,mr.anderson) anyone else would be better then him

AJ has to lose and then regain the belt a few times in order to gain that Flair type momentum. However, RVD will put butts in seats untill Abyss and The Pope have been fully groomed to be on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    AJ has to lose and then regain the belt a few times in order to gain that Flair type momentum. However, RVD will put butts in seats untill Abyss and The Pope have been fully groomed to be on top.
    Pope has got everything a guy needs to be World Champion and should get a run at some point. Abyss...pass. I can't stand what they've turned him into and miss the Monster.

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    My point EXACTLY!

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

The Stingers Smartypants Vick Diesel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    I have nothing against RVD, misunderstand me right. But I think the way they did it was wrong. AJ had just builded his character as a strong champion in TNA, defending his belt against another top superstar just this sunday at Lockdown. So I think it was very wrong to let him lose the belt at Impact.

Besides, what's the thing that both WWE and TNA do these days? They rather let their champions lose the belts at the TV shows than on a big PPV. I don't get it at all.

They should rather have AJ lose the belt against RVD at Sacrifice. I understand AJ's reaction. Afterall, as Kage said, he is pretty much the only TNA original left, and the only TNA Grandslam Champion!

I couldn't agree with you more, my sentiments exactly.. You really hit the nail on the head!!:agree:

[IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/mh.png[/*IMG]
    [IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/Burning-Flower-psd38777.png[/*IMG]
    [IMG*]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/W-OLF4/Untitled-1-1997.png[/*IMG]

Maybe AJ overreacted a little bit, but in all fairness, he was made to look really weak. In my opinion, he should have held the title until Bound For Glory where they build even more heat for him by him and get everyone truly hating him. It maybe wasn't a good idea to have him lose on Impact either, but I feel that we're going to see World Title matches on Impact a lot now with TNA trying to do everything in their power to get more ratings

Maybe AJ overreacted a little bit, but in all fairness, he was made to look really weak. In my opinion, he should have held the title until Bound For Glory where they build even more heat for him by him and get everyone truly hating him. It maybe wasn't a good idea to have him lose on Impact either, but I feel that we're going to see World Title matches on Impact a lot now with TNA trying to do everything in their power to get more ratings

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast