Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Blackpool £90m Richer After Winning Promotion

The Lancashire side won the match 3-2 after they twice came from behind at Wembley.

All the goals were scored in the first half. Michael Chopra gave Cardiff a dream start but Charlie Adam equalised for Blackpool soon after.

Joe Ledley then restored Cardiff's advantage but the Seasiders equalised again through Gary Taylor-Fletcher.

Veteran striker Brett Ormerod then bagged the winner, securing the most lucrative promotion in the history of English football.

His goal is worth about £90m to Blackpool because of the increased revenue in the Premier League and the improved parachute payments to teams relegated from the top-flight.

Bankrolled by Lavtian millionaire Valeri Belokon, Blackpool have been able to climb from League One to earn a place alongside big clubs like Chelsea and Manchester United in just four years.

Blackpool started this season as one of the favourites for relegation but will now return to English football's elite for the first time in 39 years, under the leadership of manager Ian Holloway.

He said: "I'm so proud, not just for my team but for the area we come from.

"I cannot tell you what a difference this is going to make for the people in Blackpool.

"They're going to get so much money now from the Premier League. I can't put this into words. I'm bursting with pride."

The Seasiders, whose average home crowd of 8,611 was the second-lowest in the Championship this season, will be the smallest club in the top flight since the Premier League.

To put the money in perspective, Blackpool's entire wage bill of £4.8m is less than John Terry's annual salary at Chelsea.

Cardiff fans have not seen their club play in the top flight since 1962.

They have come through serious financial problems this season and a win in the final would have wiped out their debts.

Before the match, both Blackpool and Cardiff agreed all of the Wembley gate receipts would go to the loser - scant consolation given the glittering prize for the victor.

Its only 90m if they get relegated :laugh: otherwise its just £40m
    Upside Down means I'm better than you
    :paj::mod:
    Disclaimer: Had to blow Admins for Upside Down.
    I'm not a troll...I just play one on the Internet.

90million aint gonna help them