Coventry City have appointed Colchester boss Aidy Boothroyd as their new manager on a three-year deal.
The clubs have agreed a compensation fee for the ex-Watford boss, 39, who took over at Colchester in September.

Notts County manager Steve Cotterill was believed to have turned down the Sky Blues job on Wednesday.
Boothroyd succeeds Chris Coleman, who was sacked after City finished 19th in the Championship, and becomes their ninth permanent manager in 10 years.

He told the club website: "This is a big club and a big challenge but is one I am very much looking forward to.
"The potential is here - from the financial stability to the magnificent Ricoh Arena - and I am very much looking forward to getting on with the job."

Boothroyd took over at Watford in March 2005 at the age of 34 and led them to the Premier League the following season, before their relegation after just one term.

He left the club by mutual consent in November 2008 with the club sitting 21st in the Championship table, and took over at Colchester 10 months later.

He led the U's to eighth place in League One this year after succeeding Paul Lambert.

Coleman lost his job after a late-season collapse for the second season running. The Sky Blues have finished 21st, 17th and 19th in the previous three seasons.

Coventry chairman Ray Ranson said: "He is considered to be one of the brightest young managers in the English game and we believe he can take us to the next level.

"We look forward to working with him in the coming weeks, months and years as we bid to get Coventry City back where it belongs."

Ranson's Colchester counterpart Robbie Cowling said: "I'm obviously disappointed to lose a good manager who could have took the club on further than we have done and I thought we started something we've not quite finished," he said.

"Obviously I understand some of the reasons why he's wanted to take up the job at Coventry. They are a bigger club we have to accept that.

"They are in a higher division and it is just 30 minutes away from where he lives with his young family so I think its understandable.

"It's a mixed reaction, I'm very disappointed because we've lost a good manager but I'm also really confident that as a club we are going to go out and find another really good manager, that will take us on."

BBC SPORT