Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The streak

On the bench!

How hard it is? How about we admit we have brains unlike Hogan/Flair, & know it's not as hard now as it was years ago.

The Mac

despite undertakers recent history he is still billed as someone hard to beat
    and i dont think it should be some new guy like morrison or someone of that generation
    that beats him taker deserves better

On the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by macmichaud2 View Post
    despite undertakers recent history he is still billed as someone hard to beat
    and i dont think it should be some new guy like morrison or someone of that generation
    that beats him taker deserves better
    Who cares who he's "still" billed? We fans see what we see, & know what we know. (That's why "NXT" is laughable, described as a mix of WWE & reality TV; WWE is reality TV for a lot of it.)

I wouldn't introduce someone tomorrow, & have them end it. But Morrison might be workable.

UT doesn't need to lose the streak. He can keep going and have it part of his legacy.

I've heard from the local indy guys here in Tennessee that Shawn is supposed to make some kind of return and beat him. Though nothing is set in stone and this is just a rumor that I heard.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

The Mac

that would suck shawn already retired flair
    why does he have to beat taker to

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    ^^ What would be horrible? The return of the mask or defeating Taker?
    Kane defeating Taker at 'Mania would be horrible now.

I understand the reasoning behind it and get what is being said but I disagree that it would revive Kanes career into a main eventer. Kane was great when he first came in and around 2001 when he dominated the Rumble and worked with Taker against the Power Trip stuff etc.

In retrospect losing the mask was probably the worst thing that could have happened to Kanes character wrestling wise. It's taken all his mystique away and coupled with his following 6 or so years of being relatively buried again and left simmering in the mid card whilst still being talked about as a destructive monster it's just ruined him as a convincing force in the main event fold.

The reason I mentioned Orton when they had their Wrestlemania match a few years ago is because at the time Orton was clearly on his way to being one of the companies top guys but was still in the process of getting over to that level.

If Taker were to ever lose the streak it should be in circumstances like that where it will be seen as a passing of the torch so to speak to someone who is convincing enough to already be a part time main eventer but who could carry the company in the future.

There isn't currently anyone on the roster that really fits that bill.

Undertaker has built up the streak and it is synonymous with his character now. I'm of the view that he should retire soon, with the streak intact. Not many guys give 20 years to a company almost constantly at the top of the field. Taker is deserving as going down in history as the only man to be undefeated at the sports premier event. NOT as someone who only lost once.

I think that Taker coming back to Smackdown this week within the next month they should start working out an angle for him to feud with someone deserving to retire him at Survivor Series. Completing the 20 years (PPV wise) with the company.

I wouldn't object to that person being Kane perhaps as that would be quite fitting and the sentiments in the first post are valid ones, I just don't think that the streak should be ended.

Taker gets in the Fatal Four Way match but Kane costs him the title. A segment on Smackdown a few weeks later airs where Taker has Kane in some back stage area and he chokeslams him into some fire pit or does something to disfigure Kane who is then off air for a while.

Taker gets a one on one shot against Swagger for the title at Summerslam. Both men are down, lights go out then the crash and fire erupt and Kane returns WITH THE MASK but instead of attacking Taker he lays out Swagger and leaves. Taker looks surprised but takes advantage and gets the win.

Taker calls out Kane on Smackdown but he doesn't show. Later on helping Taker again possibly at "Unforgiven". Maybe Paul bearer is there with Kane just for old times sake and as the monster really shouldn't speak much. He explains he has been instructing Kane to help The Undertaker and the reason is that Kane is fed up of playing second fiddle to The Undertaker and how he not only wants to win the Undertakers World Title but he also wants to end The Undertakers career. Which happens at Survivor Series in some kind of unique match between the two. This would also leave Kane in prime position to fill the void that The Undertakers retirement would create on Smackdown.
    Last edited by Metalitia; 05-26-2010 at 05:27 PM.

The Mac

u write a interesting story
    im not sure it would happen
    but it would be very entertaining to see

Main Eventer

Quote Originally Posted by TJChurch View Post
    I wouldn't introduce someone tomorrow, & have them end it. But Morrison might be workable.
    Morrison?? You could imagine Morrison to end the huge streak??

Quote Originally Posted by macmichaud2 View Post
    u write a interesting story
    im not sure it would happen
    but it would be very entertaining to see
    I highly doubt it will happen or anything even similar happening sadly. Most likely Taker will continue working for another Wrestlemania at least or if he does retire at Survivor Series WWE will probably work it with some lame crossover between brands so they can have Cena retire him

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234