UFC Light Heavyweight champion, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua will defend his title against Rashad Evans after he defeated Quinton “Rampage” Jackson last weekend at UFC 114 and today he praised the fighter for his tactics.

Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Rua said:

“I watched the fight between Rampage and Rashad and I think it was a great spectacle. Rashad made a good and efficient strategy, kept Jackson always in a short distance, kept himself close to him and did good takedowns.”

“I know he might be my new opponent, but I haven’t think of any strategy to block his game plan, because it’s not settled yet, it’s only speculation…When Dana White calls me and confirm it, I’ll start working according to my opponent’s game. I’ll try to do a good job in order to represent my team on the best possible way.”

Although the fight has yet to be confirmed by the UFC, it is likely to be made official any day now after Dana White all but confirmed the bout at UFC 114. The fight will be Rua's first title defense since winning the title from Lyoto Machida back at UFC 113.