Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

What the hell.... He was the best out of all the NXT guys.. Seriously...

It is fun to choke people with their ties.

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

As noted before, the reason being told for Daniel Bryan's release is because of him choking Justin Roberts with his own tie during the NXT invasion angle on RAW.

Word is that someone very important complained to WWE officials about the angle with the idea that kids who were watching may think it's fun to choke people with their ties. It's unknown who actually complained but it had to be someone with a lot of power within the company or TV network.

Bryan is being described as a scapegoat by many. It should be noted that Heath Slater nearly did the same thing to John Cena with the ring ropes during the same angle on RAW last week. Randy Orton was also bashed with a door by Edge several weeks ago.

According to a source, WWE does want to bring him back to the roster once the whole thing blows over. We'll keep you posted here on the website.

On a side note, it's highly amusing to read some of the comments posted below on these Bryan Danielson posts. Some of you fans are just so smart.... or think you are! Relax, just playing! Have a good weekend guys.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Releasing one of the greatest technical wrestlers of today, while Jack Swagger and John Cena are World Champions?

Default Why Daniel Bryan was released by wwe last night

Former WWE star Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson, the name we'll have to get used to calling him by again) was released today as punishment for going beyond the company's PG standards and practices during the NXT invasion angle on Monday, according to sources within the company. The belief among those I spoke to is that when Danielson choked Justin Roberts with his tie, he broke a company protocol that was put in place after the Benoit tragedy that talents were not to use ropes or objects to choke opponents.

I am told that the final decision was made earlier today and Danielson was informed shortly before the company publicly announced it. For those who are thinking this is an angle, I am told by everyone I have spoken to that it is not, although I want to point out a number of wrestlers in the company do believe it is a work.

For those who are wondering why the company is giving Danielson such a harsh punishment, well a former company executive is running for office, although how much of a cause and effect is there is anyone's guess. It's certainly a viable theory, since the company has been very gun shy about going outside of their PG rating.

There's no word as to whether Danielson was aware of the protocol at the time of the angle, although the Roberts choking was one of the elements that made the end of Raw so memorable. It's interesting to note that at least on the company's Youtube.com channel, the incident, including the choke, are still available for viewing.

The loss of Danielson will immediately change the future of the WWE NXT angle since he was considered the most versatile and well rounded performer of the group and would have been extremely important in carry the brunt of the in-ring work load.

The release of Danielson does put him in an amazing position on the independent scene. How many top flight stars get signed, leave, and get released right after laying out the WWE champion?

We'll have more on this as it develops.

PWI

Thanx for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Momsen View Post
    Former WWE star Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson, the name we'll have to get used to calling him by again) was released today as punishment for going beyond the company's PG standards and practices during the NXT invasion angle on Monday, according to sources within the company. The belief among those I spoke to is that when Danielson choked Justin Roberts with his tie, he broke a company protocol that was put in place after the Benoit tragedy that talents were not to use ropes or objects to choke opponents.

If you look back at the tape some othe NXT guy used the ropes to choke John Cena, now tell me were was his punishment. Why wasnt he released too?

That's a stupid rule! Jiizes christ!

this is pure nonsense, by far one the best NXT guy

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

Jobber

Cause Cena is an Wrestler not an Ring Announcer ofc. its stupid but the Choke from danielson rly looked brutal not that i have anything against that..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast