Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

The reason I feel it's not all over WWE.com is because, kayfabe-wise, he wasn't a contracted wrestler. He didn't win NXT, therefore he's not a member of the WWE roster.

Then why even release him if he wasn't under contract to begin with? I know that if this is a storyline it makes perfect sense to use Danielson because he is the IWC's boy, but kayfabe wise, this just doesn't make sense. Like you said he 'wasn't' under contract to begin with, so why would they post a fake story about him being released from a company he 'doesn't' work for in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Kage View Post
    Then why even release him if he wasn't under contract to begin with? I know that if this is a storyline it makes perfect sense to use Danielson because he is the IWC's boy, but kayfabe wise, this just doesn't make sense. Like you said he 'wasn't' under contract to begin with, so why would they post a fake story about him being released from a company he 'doesn't' work for in the first place?
    To throw off the smarks in the IWC. They did it, for this very thread, and what's happening in it. The IWC is buzzing right now over this. Vince will look like a genius if this is truly all a work. I mean, now this is an unlikely scenario, but let's say this happens. Monday Night, they briefly talk about the angle, but nothing conclusive either way to give away whether or not Danielson is still under contract. Meanwhile, Orton states that due to Edge's attack, he can no longer compete at Fatal Fourway. Barrett steps in, and cashes his title shot to take Orton's place. Then, at F4, the recently fired Danielson makes an appearance (hell maybe even with his mask ala AmDrag) and helps Barrett win the WWE championship in his first ever PPV match. That would be insane, and really make this whole thing worth it. Now, again, this is probably not going to happen, but it's once case where this being a work makes perfect sense.

I suppose that could be what they are going for, but it seems like a streach to me at this point.

Relax guys, Daniel Bryan got released, not Bryan Danielson. Mark my words, he'll show back up on WWE programming as Bryan Danielson.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

^^ :think:

Mid-carder chris jericho is wwe's Avatar

I dont get how all of u guys are sayin bryan is best nxt rookie when wade barett will be 10 times better then him.
    Last edited by chris jericho is wwe; 06-13-2010 at 06:52 PM.

- Word is that someone outside of WWE with a lot of power made a complaint to Vince McMahon about Bryan choking Justin Roberts with his own tie on RAW because a scene like that was too violent for WWE. The belief among some if that in that incident, Bryan broke a company protocol that was put in place after the Chris Benoit tragedy that no talents were to use ropes or other objects to choke opponents. Obviously this has been done other times since the Benoit tragedy but the feeling is that it was this particular angle with Bryan and Roberts that got someone powerful enough to complain.

The footage of Bryan choking Roberts was edited off replays as was the footage of him spitting on John Cena. As of late last night, the footage of Bryan choking Roberts was still on WWE's YouTube page but it has since been removed.

Who exactly made the complaint isn't known yet but it had to be someone with a lot of influence to get a name like Danielson released. There's speculation that it could be anyone from Mattel to people in Linda McMahon's Senate campaign. Vince McMahon called WWE's partnership with Mattel a game-changer and it's possible that we're really seeing Mattel's influence now. It's important to note that Mattel making the complaint is not confirmed.

Source: WR

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chris jericho is wwe View Post
    I dont get how all of u guys are sayin bryan is best nxt rookie when wade barett will be 10 times better then him.
    Calling Danielson a rookie in the first place is a disgrace. And Wade will never be half the wrestler that Danielson is.

Mid-carder chris jericho is wwe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    Calling Danielson a rookie in the first place is a disgrace. And Wade will never be half the wrestler that Danielson is.
    well he is overrated IMO and first off he was a nxt rookie while in wwe so relax and wade barrett is way better then him. and i mean its not like he can be the best in wwe i just think wwe wont let him since cena does not like him.
    Last edited by chris jericho is wwe; 06-13-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast