Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Starring At Alexa's Ass A Blissful Ass's Avatar

Thumbs up Is PlayStation Plus A Good Deal?

We're tracking our investment to see if it's worth $50.

PlayStation Plus is upon us and packing a whole lot of promise, but some aren't sold that the $50 investment is worth the money. Rather than sit here and argue, we're going to take two PlayStation Plus Users and track their week-to-week PlayStation Plus progress.

As you probably know, PlayStation Plus is Sony's new subscription service. Users pay $50, and for one year they get exclusive demos, avatars and themes along with free games and game discounts. There's other stuff, but this feature is only tracking the cash.

For the next year, IGN PlayStation Executive Editor Greg Miller and IGN Guides Guru Colin Moriarty will track their PlayStation Plus PlayStation Network purchases every Wednesday. If they buy a full price game, it won't be logged here. On the chalkboards below, we'll track what the "free" content would have cost them as well as the discounts they're receiving. Now, these figures will only include new stuff that the boys have downloaded. If they already own a piece of content, it won't be included just because it has been discounted or marked as free. This is strictly what they've downloaded under the PlayStation Plus umbrella to date.

Of course, Greg and Colin are hardcore PlayStation 3 users and download way more stuff than the average PSN user. If a more casual IGNer opts into the PlayStation Plus program, we'll add them to the list.

Will PlayStation Plus turn out to be a good deal? Will it prove its worth in a month? Keep checking this article to find out.

IGN

I gotta say it is, in around two months I've gotten the 50 bucks back already...

Credit goes to a GOD of GFX RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Boobies View Post
    I gotta say it is, in around two months I've gotten the 50 bucks back already...
    It's only been 9 days haha.

Anyways, I don't think this test they're doing is fair. They say right off that these guys download ALOT, chances are they aren't going to get anything worth of value. Myself, even though I download a decent amount, I don't get every little thing, or even a majority of it. I'm not new either, so IMO a person like myself would be a better candidate to judge off of. That said, only 9 days into +, and I've already gotten over 40 dollars worth of value of stuff, with 14 months left of offers. (I'm in the US so I got the three free months for signing up for a year) I didn't have wipeout hd, which is 20 bucks, nor did I have any of the minis, or the PS1 game. That right there is over 40, then you add in the DLC I downloaded that was free, the themes and the five avatars, and I'm pretty damn close, if not over, the 50 bucks I put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    It's only been 9 days haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Anyways, I don't think this test they're doing is fair. They say right off that these guys download ALOT, chances are they aren't going to get anything worth of value. Myself, even though I download a decent amount, I don't get every little thing, or even a majority of it. I'm not new either, so IMO a person like myself would be a better candidate to judge off of. That said, only 9 days into +, and I've already gotten over 40 dollars worth of value of stuff, with 14 months left of offers. (I'm in the US so I got the three free months for signing up for a year) I didn't have wipeout hd, which is 20 bucks, nor did I have any of the minis, or the PS1 game. That right there is over 40, then you add in the DLC I downloaded that was free, the themes and the five avatars, and I'm pretty damn close, if not over, the 50 bucks I put into it.
    Well 1 month of DLC and a week of the other I meant

And yeah as you said, it's a great value, the test isn't fair because they probs have all the minis and probs even Wipeout (I doubt the PS1 Classic though) but people like that aren't really going to get back their money, as I stated I already got my money back, plus the Auto DL tool is awesome, I don't have to care about dl'ing patches any more which really was a pain and put me off gaming online.

Credit goes to a GOD of GFX RJ

Starring At Alexa's Ass A Blissful Ass's Avatar

I hope i get my money worth lol

The Mac

i should get it lol

How you doin Shane McMahon's Ass's Avatar

We all should get it